what is your opinion?

When Yahshua the Messiah talked of salt what do you think he was talking about? I think he was talking about love and respect since you cannot have one without the other. What do you think? Agree or disagree?Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 8:28 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What lisarose said is correct... when we do this we walk in love as spoken of in 1 Cor 13. and when we speak like this it is healing to a person rather than destroying them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:55 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Christians are advised: “Let your utterance be always with graciousness, seasoned with salt, so as to know how you ought to give an answer to each one.” A background knowledge of salt as it was used in symbol in ancient times clarifies the meaning. Salt was offered with the Mosaic sacrifices, since it is a preservative and prevented fermentation. Preventing change by decay, it was used in connection with covenants to indicated the permanence of the agreement. Among ancient peoples it was a sign of friendship to eat salt together. It symbolized perpetual fidelity and loyalty. Hence when the Christian was told to season his answers with salt it meant to use truthful words that would preserve from destruction, that would be loyal and faithful, that would make the answers tasty and appetizing for the listener and work toward his preservation.—Col. 4:6.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Thank you for that Lisarose45.Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:43 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes. I agree with lisarose :)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I can agree with it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yep... lisa rose gets best answer lol.

missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• who the hell is "Yahshua"????

Anonymous

• dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Wow I did not know anything about that guy. Yahshua is the true name of the Messiah. But I do not look down on others that use the "J" name, because I too came into the faith by that name. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:37 PM on May. 6, 2010