What are Good Ideas For A Joint Birthday Party?

My daughters will be 2 and 4 in June So i figured let them celebrate together, this will be their first birthday party with friends. Probably a total of 10 friends. I need suggestions for games that would be appropriate for a 2 and 4 yr old or should i split games/activities. I have no games even in mind! Please help!! I only have about a month left!! I have a fairly decent backyard which is where i plan to do the party with food in the sunroom. I want everything else bsides the food to be outdoors!!

xAshley4x

Asked by xAshley4x at 8:34 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• What about a bounce house?
    You could always do pinata's (sorry if I mispelled it)
    Water balloons, since it's June... or even the sprinkler..

I'm sorry, I'm just throwing out things....
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 9:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I second the bouncer idea. We rented one for our twins second birthday, and all the kids from 2 to 13 had a great time. I barely got them to stop long enough to eat the cupcakes i stayed up half the night decorating! The theme we used was puppies, and I made puppy faces on the cupcakes. If a bouncer is out of the question, then I'd go for something that is fairly free-play style for the most part. At one 2 year old birthday party I took my kids to they just had lots of balloons in the living room and the kids loved it (not sure loose balloons would work too well outdoors, but simplicity is the best route for the two year olds). As for games, the 2 year olds probably won't follow most games quite yet, but the older kids might enjoy organized games. You could do races of some sort (maybe carrying balloons between the knees). Musical chairs might be fun. Be sure and play some music for a festive atmosphere. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:53 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i looked at a place that has bounce house i have so much family and my kids have so many cousins about 30 first cousins alone not including friends that the bounce house was out of the question 300 dollars just to have only 32 people there and that includes the adults!!! Renting a bounce is great idea though! I am going to do a pinata as well =] thanx for the tips! Keep em coming!!
    xAshley4x

Answer by xAshley4x at 11:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Renting a bouncer for a half day is only about $125 where I live, so it's a pretty good deal for a birthday for two kids.
    Anonymous

• Have a carnival. Face painting. Ring toss, balloon pop, Lollypop tree.Cake walk, bean bag toss,musical chairs. With inexpensive prizes. We did one when my daughter was 5 with teen neighbors that were in charge of each of the games. She is now 17 with lots of themed parties behind her but that is the one she remembers as her favorite.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 10:59 PM on May. 11, 2010