I am 26 years old and a single mom. Why does it seem like I wont ever find a decent man.

Is it something about?
me....I am educated, in my final year of nursing school...Why does ot seem like every man I date turns out to be a frog. This id really depressing....what can I do to ensure my success in finding a good man and marriage

Divalish

Asked by Divalish at 8:50 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Hun, there is a soul mate out there for you, you just haven't met him yet, your destiny is already planned out, you will meet fall in love and never look back. Everyone has a better half somewhere, he will come....

Answer by older at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I met my DH on match.com. Many people are very leary about meeting people online, but I think It's a very good way to screen out people that you don not have anything in common with.
    Anonymous

• My mom always told me to never look for love. It will find you. She was right. I never worried about when I was going to get married and have a family. I knew it would come when it was going to come. One thing I worked on was my standards. I was picky about who I dated seriously. I don't smoke or drink, he shouldn't either. I don't hit the bars or clubs, he shouldn't be a partying type. I would go out with a guy and we would have a good time or a bad time, depending on the chemistry and the date. Also, it depends on what you think about you. Do you think your beautiful, smart, funny? Are you woman who should be married? Get confident and stay confident. Believe it or not, that is what the guys look for. Also, put your kids first. If the guy knows you have a kid, he will decide right away. This will be a sure fire way to decide if he's right. Other than that, have fun with your child. That's all that matters.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• it takes time and chances are you'll meet him when you least expected., i met my bf while browsing through myspace profiles one night..i was bored, i sent him a request thinking he wouldnt add me and we been together a year now and are engaged. when i added him i didnt think it would go anywhere and i wasnt looking for a man
    Anonymous

• Just let it go and let fate take over. it's hard to find a good man because there are very few out there LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:52 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I told my daughter (she's 17) to make a list of all the qualities she wants in a man. Make a list of what she wants out of life and not settle for anything less! There are good men out there~ I married one but his brother is a toad.
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 1:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• A woman without a man
    Is like a fish without a bicycle

- Gloria Steinem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• You are so young still! There are women in their 40's & 50's who are asking the same question dear...

You have to get out & meet LOTS pf people. Put yourself in situations where you have to meet people. You will eventually meet someone who loves you back if you run into enough people.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:08 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I was in your shoes, and i thought the same thing. i found someone.... and for the first time in along i'm pretty happy. You will be too. Love has to find you. God will bless you with a man that he designed for you. Don't worry, just keep being an amazing mother, and a succesful women and you will find love. i'm sure of it.:^-)
    Anonymous