What are you doing for the Mom in your life for Mother's Day?

We don't have alot of money this year to spend and I'm just wondering what is everyone else doing for their mom or mother in law on this mothers day?
I'm thinking of writing her a poem or a letter, sounds cheesy but everyone in my family knows me for being a really good writer. I was thinking of writing her something and typing it up and framing it, maybe giving it to her with some home made coupons or a candle or flowers what do you all think?

Ilovemychi

Asked by Ilovemychi at 8:57 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got her a spiffy outfit and at 91 she will look spectacular! we are going to my daughters house to celebrate three generations.

Answer by older at 9:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I am making my mom a table runner out of blue and yellow to match her kitchen. Hopefully I can make place mats to match.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• your idea sounds good

im having my mom come down and im gonna grill out...just have a laid back day
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2010

• MY STEP -MIL INVITED US TO GO EAT AT HER RESTAURANT AT NO EXPENSE AND TO BRING MY MIL ,STEP FIL , AND STEP BIL .... WERE ALL VERY CIVIL LOL !
    Anonymous

• op here- I am actually making this gift for my MIL , my mom has past away and wasnt always there to be a part of my life so i'm very close to my MIL actually and I'm thankful to have her in my life. I decided to make her a Mother's day thank you kit to show her how much we appreciate her plus I get to incorporate my writing into it. ;) Hope everyone has a great mothers day!!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:41 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I will call her and wish her a Happy Mother's day. I don't send her cards or gifts or anything. She only acknowledges bdays with a phone call, no cards & certainly no gift (it's always been this way, it's just how she is....she's not a gift giver but she certainly expects them which is cool for my sisters who she raised but my dad raised me so I don't feel like I owe her a thing. Oh, and she thinks I should send HER a gift on MY birthday since she did give birth to me....reluctantly. I am sure of she could have held me in she would have, she never wanted me and gave me to my dad when I was 7 days old & was gone until I was 17) so I reciprocate in kind on her bday and Mother's Day. She gets a phone call and that's it. My dad gets flowers on his grave 12x's a year, extra ones on   Father's Day and extra ones on his bday in July. He died 10 years ago.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 7, 2010