ok ladies its about my husband

ok so my husband has been telling me when he cough or sneezes his left nut hurts he did drink a lot last night and im wondering if that has something to do with it cause also between his hips on the side it swells up i keep telling to go to the dr. but he just wont so ladies if u have any answers it would help a lot

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• I think he needs a urologist. I think (I'm not a doctor, only a MA) that's a symptom of testicular cancer.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 9:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If he lets you, feel his testicle. it should be completely smooth. my ex husband said his nut was hurting and i felt it and there was a small, maybe the size of a pencil (width), bump on it and low and behold he had stage 2 testicular cancer.
    Anonymous

• It could be an infection also, like a bacterial infection. My dh had that once and simple antibiotics cleared it. He definitely needs to see a doctor though because there can be more serious issues.
    Anonymous

• He could have a hernia. 

INDIRECT INGUINAL HERNIA

Where it hits: In the groin, near the thigh

Who's at risk: Men under 30 with a family history

How it happens: Tissue left behind from testicular development provides a pathway for the intestines to escape.

Need-to-know info: The old "turn your head and cough" exam usually catches these hernias. Surgery is the best treatment.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:45 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Hernia: A hernia occurs when a part of the muscle wall of the abdomen gets weak and allows part of the intestine or other intra-abdominal contents to push through. If this happens near the scrotum, the hernia sac can push on the blood supply to the testicle or other areas of the scrotum. Usually, coughing or sneezing makes the pain worse.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Varicocele: This condition involves swelling of the veins draining the testicle, and usually appears on the left side. Larger varicoceles can be felt as a soft mass above the testicle, or even seen in the standing position. Varicoceles can also have affect male fertility. Varicocele repair may be considered in cases of severe pain that doesn’t go away, once other possible causes have been ruled out.

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/medicaldepartments/urology/maleinfertility/testicularpain.html

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:02 PM on May. 6, 2010