Moms of 3 kids, PLEASE tell me the pros and cons of 3 vs. 2. Are you happy you had 3? Help me make this decision!!!

I have two and I am trying to decide if we want 3 or not. I do one day, then I dont the next.

I am so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Here's one for the con list:

You are suddenly OUTNUMBERED!! lol

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:30 PM on May. 6, 2010

• well, I'm pregnant with my third and I'm really excited about it... but I dont know what its like with 3 running around yet... btw they are all boys
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• think about the responsibiliy of raising the 2 then the third child is going to be like raising 6 childrens your best bet is to stay at 2 kids because the older they got the worser they get because every body got diffrent personalitys.
    Shaina11

Answer by Shaina11 at 9:33 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Cons:

Instead of opening one can of something, veggies, soup, etc. I had to open 2 to fed everyone.

You now have a middle child, instead of just a youngest and oldest. Sometimes the middle child feels left out.

Pros:

More to love!!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:34 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I have four kids and couldn't be happier. For me the transition from one child to two was the worst, the next was easy, then no 4 was a breeze! There are a couple of disadvantages, most family deals/tickets/entrance fees are 2 adults, 2 kids, and when you cross the road with 3 kids who do you allow to cross not holding your hand? If your kids are getting older then it isn't so bad, but I had 3 under 4 yrs and that was a real concern. Financially, isn't a very big deal, you just adapt, by now you have all the baby and toddler gear, and you get good at making 4 stretch to 5, without even thinking about it.
    Pros, well, they are your children, I can't imagine feeling this way about anything else and I do believe we have enough love to expand for more kids., and once the baby arrives you would find yourself saying "I can't believe I almost didn't have you"
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:35 PM on May. 6, 2010

• DON'T DO IT!!! LOL!! Ok , seriously, I thought going from 2 to 3 has been harder than going from 1 to 2. However, it may have something to do with my and my childrens personalities. My 2nd child was only 2 when I became pregnant and I was for sure she would be as easy as my first. WRONG!! She is very strong-willed and has had a relapse in potty training. I don't have the energy or patience to deal with her now because of the new baby. if you are past this stage with your other children than you may be ok or if you have more patience than i do.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2010

How is one extra child like raising 6? The other thing you might want to consider is, if you go for number three, can you handle it if its twins? It wasn't a worry for me, but if you definitely wouldn't want four then maybe you need to think.
    Anonymous

• I have three teens. I will tell you the early years are a blur. I owned my own bakery during the early years, it was astronomically insane. My husband owns his own firm as well. So even more difficult. We had a lot of good help, my brother in law lived with us and we had aupairs.
    The thing my mother said once you pass three it is all the same because they out number you. I don't know if that is the truth or not. I only got to three before I got those cold feet your having.
    I can only tell you for us, three is perfect. I have three kids I have enjoyed raising, enjoyed being the over seer of, the fun is over whelming the joys endless. Insane at times now I am bordering on three adults it is a new frontier which I dive into with enthusiasm.What ever you choice go for it with love and gusto. Your love will be endless and repaid tenfold.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:42 PM on May. 6, 2010

• myheartx4 & cindy18 said it best. i just had my third & couldn't be happier. you might be worried, but when #3 arrives, no matter how short the pro list is compared to the cons, the pros still outweigh the cons. kwim?
    Anonymous

• I have given birth to 1, but have 3 (stepchildren) Too many kids for me. Very loud and we are outnumbered.
    Anonymous