Plane trip with nearly 6 month old!

We're going on vacation in a couple weeks. My daughter is really laid-back, but for some reason I'm getting very anxious about travelling with her. It's a 3-hour long flight & she's starting to crawl, so I'm worried she's gonna get bored quickly and want to move around!! Any suggestions??

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 9:39 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Travel

• are you flying jetblue? they atleast have TV's in the back of the seats in front of you. & you should bring plenty of toys,teething rings.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Well from what you said your little lady is really laid back, so she shouldn't have any probs on the plane. My daughter was like that as a baby and she fell asleep practically the WHOLE time on a plane trip (5+) hours from IL to CA. I wouldn't worry about her. Besides her food supply, be that you or a bottle.., just bring a few toys and her diapers/wipes she should be fine!!! Have fun!!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• she will be fine, they like the motion
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:09 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Just make sure you bring a binkie (pacifier) if she uses one, or a bottle for her to suck on during takeoff and landing to take care of the ear popping. I forgot during Kiwi's first plane ride at 7 months, and she was good until her ears started hurting, then she was a total terror the rest of the hour long flight. I made sure to get some more before we headed back home. It's easier when they're younger, especially on shorter trips like yours, when you can put on a fresh diaper right before boarding, and unless she does a nasty poo, you don't have to worry about bathroom breaks during the flight. During Kiwi's last hour long flight, she had just got potty trained and had to pee three times.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:59 PM on May. 8, 2010