Anyone else have kidney stones during pregnancy?

I just got back from the hospital after passing a few stones. Rather unpleasant.

Anyone else had them while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. When I was 7 months along with my first pregnancy, I had a 6mm one they had to do a basket removal to get out.

I take it they kept you in Labor and Delivery too to monitor the baby.

Anyway, it was hands-down the most painful experience of my life...and I will add my opinion to that of many other women that (regardless of what kind of birth you do), a kidney stone hurts a lot more. So, if by chance, this is your first baby - don't fear labor, it will seem easy compared to this.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:04 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I passed a kidney stone last week at 21 weeks pregnant. It's horribly painful but I've done all natural labor and I'll choose a kidney stone over natural labor any day. Thankfully this recent one passed fairly quick, the last time I had one it was around the holidays and they made me wait it out 3 weeks before doing anything about it, I wasn't pregnant at the time thankfully. They are awful, but in no way comparable to delivering a baby without pain meds. I hope you're feeling better and that you won't pass any more anytime soon!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:50 AM on May. 7, 2010

• OP here.

I had been having pain for over a month and kept complaining to my doctor and they just told me to drink water. That it was just round ligament pain. Finally it got so bad I thought it was labor so we went to the hospital and sure enough there was blood in the urine and a few hours later I peed the sucker out. haha All of this before my doctor's office even called me back when I called that morning about the pain.

I think I am going to switch doctors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I havent passed mine yet and im scared!
    moonchaser01

Answer by moonchaser01 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010