Could I still be pregnant

I took two hpt and both came out positive and then today I went to my local free clinc had one done and it came out negitive. Could I still be pregnant and their test is not picking up the hgc? Or are the hpt wrong? I am worried cause I would like to get prenatul care. Should I start taking vitimins or what should I do. I go back in two weeks for another pregnancy test at the free clinc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are very likely pregnant- false positives are rare, false negatives are common. The test being used at the clinic is probably not as sensitive as the one you are using at home- not all pregnancy tests are created equal. Check out the site www.peeonastick.com for info about how pregnancy tests work and how one can read positive while another reads negative.
    And congrats on your pregnancy!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:41 PM on May. 6, 2010

• blood test?
    either way.. as freela says, it's RARE to get a false pos and you took two, CONGRATS
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:23 PM on May. 6, 2010

• YEP! Always heard you will never get a false postiive on a pregnancy test
    sweetpea723

Answer by sweetpea723 at 12:08 AM on May. 7, 2010