pampers or huggies! Wanting to know from parents who tried both brands!

ok so I am wanting to know which brand is better for my son! I am currently using pampers and think I am gonna make a transition. I used pampers from birth and the new born diapers worked wonders and seemed comfortable. I realized a couple of weeks ago (when my son had the stomach flu) he was destroying his diaper..... I would change his diaper and in the middle of changing him he would continue to diarea ( I know it's gross, but reality). It got so bad that I would have to watch his diaper while he slept...... I realized his diapers weren't able to old his poop. The stretchy band around his thigh and waist would somehow undo itself.... After his flu I began to continue to use the pamper til I realize it still wasn't holdin his poop. So I tried every brand of diapers and realized huggies was the next best thing that didn't give a rash. So far huggies worked wonders. Has anyone went through similar experiences. Huggies or pamp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my son is only 9 months old and I like Pampers better than Huggies. We haven't had any problems with leaks or anything like that and I just think Pampers are softer and hold the smell of pee in better than Huggies. However, for an older child, it might be a different story. My cousin swears by Huggies Supreme for her almost 2 year old.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:55 PM on May. 6, 2010

• It has been years since my kids were in diapers. At the time luvs were the best. Pampers were my second choice.. I don't know if huggies got better but at the time I did not like them at all..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I use huggies we started out using pampers but found out really fast that they sucked. everytime she would pee her clothes got soaked.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:56 PM on May. 6, 2010

• We started in pampers and there were great until he was a couple months old. Then we started switching them around trying different ones. I liked huggies but I also like Target brand diapers, so those are the ones we are using now.
    Anonymous

• When my son was first born he was in pampers in the NICU so we stuck w/ them but then when he goot into a size 2 finally we switched. They are bigger, comfier, more stretchy, and they hold a lot better for my son. But that is just my son. Others say luvs holds a lot and does well for those who pee a lot but my son goes through those in 2 seconds. Huggies are the only ones that really work for my son.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:57 PM on May. 6, 2010

• We use Huggies and also Huggies Overnights......Pampers gave my daughter a violent rash.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't like either. We have been using gdiapers, 7th gen and Earths best.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• well I agree the smell is held in with pampers... I found huggies work well and I am beginning to realized that his skin condition has been better! I will try the target brand and 7 generation brand. He really need a good diaper until I potty train him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• when my dd started blowing out her diapers i finally figured out that i needed to go up in size. The blowouts stopped, wish i would have thought of it sooner cause it would have saved so many disgusting clean ups lol

pampers or huggies- pampers but NOT the Dry Max seeing as they are causing chemical burns and babies behinds...can google and find easily.

I use cloth at home and disposable at night and in the car, she Always poops in the car.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:02 AM on May. 7, 2010

• oh he is in size 3 and weighs 20lbs...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 7, 2010