Is anyone else really upset about miley cyru's new video? My kids love her show,now i dont want them watching it!

Ok so I know that Miley is growing up but wow....bamm she just made a video that is very sexual in my eyes. I hate when teens do this because if they really cared about their fan base which is mostly younger kids, she wouldn't do this. My daugther's love hannah montana, now I dont even want them to watch her show because they will continue to want to know everything about her. And I dont want them to know about her new video, if anyone talks about it. LoL...am I over reacting? I feel like a over protective mom, but what is going on with all these disney stars. My goodness wait till your a adult and kids dont care about you anymore to put yourself out there in a sexual manner!

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:03 AM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• just let them know how you feel she is going to see it sooner or later with or with out you so if I were you I would just have a little talk GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:06 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I havent seen the video,,do you have a name for us, so we can view it? Miss Cyrus will be 18 in October,,,,guessing she is ready to move from her teeny bopper mode into adult hood,,,tough for our kids who have grown up with her though,,,is her show still on Disney? That seems inappropriate for her to be making sexy videios if she is still filming show,,Hannah Montana
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It's bold that's for sure! I don't think that you are being over protective!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I've never liked Miley Cyrus and its pretty obvious that she is going to be the next Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, type of star. She's had a lot of controversy surrounding her for not even being 18 yet. She comes across to be very snobby and conceited...and I def. see a wild side with her. I don't think you are overreacting at all. Kids look up to these people whether they want to admit it or not, and glamorizing sex and alcohol or what have you, is not something they need to see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i am not a fan on miley cyrus... but she is almost 18 years old. she is not doing hannah montana much longer because she sick of being seen as i little girl. i dont think there was anything wrong her video... none of her lady bits are showing so much power to her!!! shes growing up and people need to stop judging her. EVERY ONE judged britney spears and now she is train wreck!!!
    kayhay

Answer by kayhay at 12:28 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My child doesn't even watch her but I agree with you that the video is too sexual. She is only 17! No to mention that she has a tattoo and has been living with 20 year old boyfriends since 16. What the hell are her parents thinking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I guess she is rapping up the Hannah Montana show. The thing is that my daughters are wanting to see her in concert so bad, I guess they are picturing the sweet little hannah montana, the one with the blonde wig lol. Heck no are they going to see her now. Wow I wonder how many parents to very young girls are still going to let them go see her now that she is acting so darn sexual.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:42 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Well here is a link to the video.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b179357_exclusive_miley_cyrus_cant_be_tamed.html

Yes I think it is a bit racy for tweens, but she is no longer a tween and needs to move with the times. I am no Miley Cyrus fan, in fact she annoys the hell out of me. But the song was catchy and I think it is a great way to break from the teeny bopper to adult music world.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Her video was even too sexual for me! lol (just kidding, it was more like too disturbing for me...she kinda looked like a bird with a broken neck =/ ) Ya know, this reminds me of when Britney Spears came out with her "Slave" video and Christina Aguilera came out with her "Dirrrty" video, though not so blatently sexual, although the words were a bit on the fence.
    If I had a young daugher who idolized her I wouldnt be very happy right now. Maybe I'd let her continue to watch the reruns of Hannah Montana but not any coverage of her outside of the show and definitely not go to any of her "Miley Cyrus" concerts (as opposed to her Hannah Montana concerts--that double persona thing always kind of irked me)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• ehh this season coming up is the last one. I would let them watch hannah montana but hannah only though. soon she will be old news just like the jamie spears drama.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:21 AM on May. 7, 2010