cancer

i recently had an abnormal pap smear and my doctor called me in for a colposcopy and a biopsy. turns out i have HPV at may have cervical or uterine cancer. i am so terrified because i have to wait another week and a half for the results of the biopsy. i guess my question is: is there anyone who has had this problem before and had the results come back negative? also for those of you who came back with positive results, what happened next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Health

• This happened to my mom. She had an abnormal pap smear and they did a biopsy...turned out everything that normal and that she just has HPV. Well then 7 years later, she had an abnormal pap again and had to go through the whole process again. Everything was normal again. Then about 3 years later the same thing happened...she opted to have a completely hysterectomy because she knew something was going on but the doctor's didn't know what it was, and she didn't want to wait until they figured it out.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

• so were they able to treat her HPV? i don't know much about the virus. i don't know if it's treatable or what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My results came back positive from the biopsy and I was diagnosed with moderate to severe dysplasia. Severe is considered pre-cancerous. I had a freezing done, which was piece of cake (fast and no pain) and repeated the pap 3 months later and was normal. I had 4 more paps since (this was in 2006), 2 kids in the mean time and everything came out fine.
    When I first heard about my abnormal pap smear and hearing the nurse on the phone talk about cancer, I cried for 3 days because I thought that I will die, but most cases resolve like mine. I had regular paps and never had a problem before and I was with my hubby for 8 years before this happened, so I was surprised. Since then I did a lot of research on hpv and dysplasia. Apparently hpv clears on its own 99% of the time but we are keep getting re-infected with it from our husband and that's when the abnormal pap happens. Luckily there is a cure for hpv, it's called pau d'arco.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• yea the doctor said something about "dysplasia" as well. what is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 7, 2010

• The mainstream medicine does not admit that there is a cure for hpv. The OBs say that HPV is for life. Why would they admit that pau d'arco works, which costs under 10 bucks, when they can make billions of dollars on the hpv vaccine, the screening for hpv and the never-ending freezings and leap-procedures and cone biopsies and hysterectomies.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 7, 2010