How long did it take you to lose 48 plus pounds?

I've lost 15 pounds in month and 3 weeks. Wanted see more or less how long it would take me to get to my goal. I know everyone's different, but helps to see how long it took others.

Twisted_Halo

Asked by Twisted_Halo at 12:26 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i will let you know when it happens!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I lost 50 pounds in a month! I was over weight and had to get down to size to join the army. I didn't have alot of money. If you want more info send me a message I don't have time right now... And may not be able to find this question again. I weiged 201 lbs and got in weigh in 148lbs
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 12:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• sorry that was a typo I did it in 3 1/2 months
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 12:45 AM on May. 7, 2010

• it took me 2-3 months
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:46 AM on May. 7, 2010

• but thats was before i was a mom. now im a mom & struggling to loose the weight and my sons almost a yr old and i still have like 15 to loose.
    PURPULbutterfly

• It took me almost a year of healthy eating and slowly increasing my workout times and intensity. Just remember that studies show that the slower you lose the weight, the more likely you are to keep it off. Rapid weight loss is usually due to drastic calorie cuts which cannot typically be maintained indefinitely. When you take it one step at a time and make healthy eating choices and ramp up your exercise routines, the weight will come off at a slower pace, but you'll be more likely to have a new lifestyle instead of a crash diet in which you'll put the weight back on when you get off it. Slow and steady wins the race. By the way, I have kept my weight off (60+pounds) for almost 3 years. Congrats on your accomplishments so far!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• In 2009 (from Jan to Dec) I lost 55lbs. I exercised and ate less and very clean but allowed myself treats. I'd rather lose it slowly and still enjoy some small portions of my favorite foods (and a glass of wine sometimes too!) than have it all come off at once and not enjoy the process.
    Anonymous

• Also, the slower you lose the weight, the more time your skin has to adjust and tighten up. Losing the weight too rapidly leaves one with excess, loose and hanging skin.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:39 AM on May. 8, 2010

• I loose about 2.5 pounds a week on Weight Watchers. So, it will take me about 20 weeks (5 months) to loose 50 pounds.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 5:55 PM on May. 8, 2010