13 month olds legs getting stuck in crib slats

My dd little legs are getting stuck inbetween the slats of her crib. it has happened twice now. the 1st time was horrible , her little leg was stuck up at her thigh. I think what happened from looking at the area and knowing dd, was she started stopmping on her bumper, slipped and her leg went through and got stuck. I took the bumper out so this wouldnt happen again. Tonight i heard her wimpering. This time she got BOTH legs stuck and couldnt move. looked like she was just moving around while sleeping and they both went through the same area.

THe bumper isnt working, on or off. Short of getting that flexable plastic fencing that you wrap around stuff, and attaching it with zip ties, I cant think of anything that will work

Any suggestioins??

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 12:29 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you could do that. or you could introduce a toddler bed?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Ive been entertaining that idea tonight. It worries me with the whole possibility of her falling out but then again her legs wouldnt get stuck and i would be up worried sick about her and having it happen again. her crib is a convertable crib/bed so im going to think about that more, thanks :)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:37 AM on May. 7, 2010