Help! Any suggestions on how to get acrylic paint out of my son's brand new shirt?

I let my son go to his class at my church tonight and they were painting with acrylic paint and he got some on his hand and wiped it down the front of his shirt. It is a teal shirt so bleach is out of the question...i used oxyclean spray and wash and have washed it once (not dried yet) on cold setting and it didn't come out. Anything else i can try?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:31 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's already dry, I don't know if there is any way to get it out. Terpentine maybe? I don't know what that will do to the fabric. Bummer!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:38 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Did the paint dry completely? Don't use hot water, you can try nail polish remover or methylated spirits - you can also buy Fake Acrylic nails remover wonder if that would help? I doubt you'll get it back to as-new condition, Put a splash of remover on the stain and then allow to sit for a few minutes. With warn water running over it, getly manipulate the fabric to move the fibres around.
    Goodluck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Turpentine is only for oil based paints. I agree with myheartx4. Also you can try rubbing it with a toothbrush when it has the nail polish remover on it. It might not be able to be saved... D: Good luck though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• get some shout and pour about two cups into the washing machine or a sings with water of course and leave it in there for 1 day
    arkncld08

Answer by arkncld08 at 12:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

• oxi clean gel. it s awesome.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:04 AM on May. 7, 2010