how can i help my daughter with teething?

my dd is 11 months old and having a hard time with teething. she already has her two bottom front teeth and had no problem with it. however, last week she started to get four on top all at once, but wasnt really having a problem until today. i have given her infant motrin, baby orajel, frozen pacifiers and teethers, and i try to comfort her as best i can. i have infant tylenol, but due to the recall i dont want to use it. she just crawls around on the floor crying, it is so sad. i am a first time mom so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated by both of us, thank you!

llmunoz05

Asked by llmunoz05 at 12:51 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• desolvable tablets at any drug store and grocery store it helps my mom told me to rub rum on his gums but the thougt of alcohol and babies did mix well in my head. Baby oragel worked best for my lil man he didn't like the tablets.
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 12:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• did you try hylands teething tablets?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

• 'I GIVE MY DAUGHTER HYLAND'S TEETHING TABLETS , YOU CAN GET THEM AT WAL-MART AND I WOULD ALSO CALL MY DOCTOR!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:01 AM on May. 7, 2010

• my mom thinks ginseng cures everything the alcohol was what my grandfather ( my dads father) used on me. She said it worked and suggest the remedy to everyone in korea. She also cures pink eye with breast milk....lol it actually works! Lol. Baby orgel works best. The nigt time orgel is a life saver....... Oh and try filling her binkie (if she used one) with wter and freeze it....it will sooth her gums.... Mr. Freezies work... Don't cut the freezie pop jut let her suck on it. Even the waterfilled teething toys work.... Freeze them an let he go to town
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 1:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• lol I my first answer had a typo... I meant to say alcohol and babies didn't go well. Teething tablets sometimes doesn't really work my nice hated them it didn't help.we used oragel on her
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 1:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 1:10 AM on May. 7, 2010

• thank you guys so much! i have never heard of the teething tablets but you bet i'm going to get some tomorrow! and i have been filling her "sucky things" with water and freezing them and it does seem to help her some. and yes the nightime baby orajel is pretty good stuff, i just wish the relief lasted for more than 10 minutes, and it could taste a little better too. well thank you to everyone for all your helpful answers, we really apperciate it. and i just found out the not only was her tylenol recalled, her motrin that i have been giving her as been too, so thats great! just so every one knows, you can go to www.mcneilproductrecall.com and enter in the i.d. numbers on your tylenol, motrin, benadryl, etc... to see if those particular bottles have been recalled, so your not giving the little ones potentially bad stuff. thank you again for all your help!
    llmunoz05

Answer by llmunoz05 at 1:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I just got those, munchin fresh food feeders today for my twin boys. I heard if you freeze fruit and put it in the feeder it will help with their teeth. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a great idea.

I also read that rubbing their gums with a wash cloth once a day or so will help the teeth come in faster.

while youre at the store, get some offbrand tyelonal/motrin!!! lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:00 PM on May. 8, 2010