Where can I find a good place on the net for Child Custody with Grandparents?

I have been trying to find out some places I can read up on the Child Custody law before I go to court. I am fighting my parentson getting my kids back, they where not taken from me I ask for help, and she isn't willing to give them back. She has a lawyer and I can not afford one, the State this is in the court lawyers wont help because I live in a different state. I really need to read up before court.

ruthie1975

Asked by ruthie1975 at 1:09 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• It really just depends. Which state do you live in? Who is legally appointed custody right now? Why did you leave the kids/need help in the first place? How long were you gone for? Is the father in the picture? Are you financially able to support the children now? Was CPS ever involved? Do you have anything on your criminal record? These are all things that they are going to ask in court. You may be able to get a free lawyer appointed by the state depending on your circumstances. Apply for it now. The waiting list is very long. Know what you are going to need before you ever call a lawyer. They are expensive. If they spend an hour asking you the question I just asked you it will cost you about $300 bucks. Have all of the answers written out in sentences as short as possible for them to read when you get there. Write everything they say down. Tell me, since you're anon it doesn't matter, the whole story. (cont)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• (cont) I am a retired family law attorney in Texas. I'll be willing to give you my opinion on what a lawyer and judge might want of you.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry Idk why I thought you were anon. Either way make sure you are prepared it will save you thousands!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on May. 7, 2010