Do you think the standards for becoming a member (and being able to stay a member) should be higher?

It seems like there are more members on here that come to this site for the wrong reasons. alot of people just want to start a argument or just say something completly stupid that has nothing to do with the questions. i am here for advice and to get other mothers opinions. do you think cafe mom should higher the member standards or filter the people that are members?

robinalbright

Asked by robinalbright at 1:21 AM on May. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, I agree. But CM makes their money off of advertisements so I doubt thy care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• hummmmmm..........no. i like it how it is. that's why there are different groups for different things.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 1:31 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I AGREE WITH YOU. I HAVE BEEN READING RUDE COMMENTS ALL NIGHT AND I AM A NEW MEMBER. I DO NOT THINK CERTAIN PEOPLE SHOULD BE USING THIS SIGHT. I THINK SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO BE RUDE AND START FIGHTS WITH OTHER MOM'S. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, DO NOT ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on May. 7, 2010

• No, that would take away all the fun. I enjoy reading EVERYONE's opinion. When I ask a question, I read every answer. Now, I am not say I read it thoroughly. If it's something I do not need, well, I just continue on looking for that answer that will actually help me. I do not cry about it. I just let it go. There would be no arguments if you just answer a question and move on. DO NOT go back and reread what others wrote in response to your answer, that's BS and looking for trouble... I mean, you answered a question to help someone. So, move on. Let it go. DO NOT GO BACK AND REREAD THAT QUESTION AGAIN. That's how to prevent Drama Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It doesn't matter even if someone got kicked off they would just come back the next day with a new screen name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• no I enjoy this site for what it is, sometimes happy, bitchy, joyful and hilarious. What is a fine comment from you might comes across as rude or judgemental to me. Some questions that are asked defy belief, and yet that si reality -eg A Mom has asked tonight whether she should invite her 9yr olds boyfriend to her party ( he's 12yrs, and kisses, hugs and pats her butt) . Now to me that woman needs parenting classes and a smack in the head,but to you that might seem quite reasonable. My comment expressing my opinion might have seemed rude to you tonight, but I am staggered that any Mom thinks the situation is appropriate.
    My opinion, rude, arrogant, but mine
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:00 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Variety is the spice of life my dear. Even crazy nutjob crackheads need something to do with their time. It keeps them from ending up the crazy lady who owns 33 cats and scaring the neighbourhood children by chasing them down the street trying to hit them with a cane for walking on their grass....

By keeping them occupied we make the world a safer place ;)
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 3:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think that you need to ignore the idiots

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on May. 7, 2010

• YES
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh come on...that was funny! Anyone? SIgh....nevermind....*mumbles *twits* and kicks a stone while pouting and walking away*
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2010