How long before he popped the question?

Just felt like reminding people what the feeling was when you first got engaged/married. And if was a bad one (I hope not), my apologies.

And... I'm curious.
I told my SO that if he didn't pull out a ring within seven years, I'd be one hell of a pissed off girlfriend. We both laughed pretty hard at that considering I was half joking haha.

So.. how long were you in a relationship before he popped the question?

fallen_tennyo

Asked by fallen_tennyo at 1:26 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH and I dated on and off for 15 years before we were both ready to commit. Do I win a prize? lol
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 3:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• 3 months. We have been happily married 8 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• he asked when i got pregnant but i told him i did not want to get married because i was pregnant i want it to be because we knew we would be together forever. he asked again on u day when our daughter was one and we had been together for three years. now we have been married one year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Mine proposed 6 weeks in. I started crying and ran away and told him never to call me again. more than 14 years later we are happily married with 3 wonderful boys. :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 AM on May. 7, 2010

• 10 months. i was pregnant so..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:39 AM on May. 7, 2010

• @SleepingBeautee: Hahaha, oh my gosh I just love yours!
    @2nd anon: Aww yeah, if that were to happen to us, I'd say the same thing.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 1:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• it took mine a year to finally pop the question...but i was glad when he did
    mommiiedes

Answer by mommiiedes at 1:53 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My Hubby and I are high school sweethearts. We were together for almost 5 years before he proposed. We've been married for 4 years now, and I LOVE him dearly!!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:08 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Huh... How old were you guys then? I'm 19 and he's about to turn 20.
    So seven years from now would be what's considered an "ideal" time to have kids. Though things like that don't always work out.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 2:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

• He first popped the question after our first summer going out, we were 16 and had been dating for 3 months. (no ring). Then I went away to college, and over christmas break he asked again, this time with a ring :) He asked me on Christmas eve when we were opening gifts. My ring was in a huge box, in another box, in another box.. and when I got to the ring box, he took it from me.. and I got a little mad... Then he asked me.. in front of his whole family! And I was shy, and whispered it in his ear... We were married six months later when we were 19. :)
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 2:29 AM on May. 7, 2010