Montessori kids?

Do your kids go to a Montessori School? Do you like it? How old were they when they started? My 5 yr old does but considering moving her older brother to one. he hates change! They will be in kinder and 2nd grade. My son 2nd grade. His public school is not that great but he will miss his friends. I think once he adpted he would love it though!

Kinda curious as to how many other kids may go to a Montessori school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter was in a montessori based school for two years. She is not self-motivated enough for that type of program.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• siblings can come to my daughters school and they can talk and even work together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it depends on the child. My dd has been going for about 6 months. She is 4. She has done really well. I don't know how I feel about it for elementry school age. I think my son would do really well but I think my dd will need more structure one she reaches about 1st grade. The montessori here only goes to 1st grade.

Also, my dd school is extremely sibbling friendly, they have a few pairs of sibblings that also talk and work together...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:51 PM on May. 7, 2010