So DH and I were playing around with a turkey baster...

Not like THAT, you pervs! He was squirting me with water out of it while I was making breakfast. Anyways, discovered that turkey basters are AWESOME because you can make pancakes in all sorts of shapes! You need to add a bit more water to the mix to make it easier to squirt and they won't be as fluffy, but do you honestly think kids care about puffiness when they are eating DINOSAUR PANCAKES? I think not.

Have some fun, mommas! Throw some food coloring in and spell their names, teach them their shapes, make a smiley face, anything! Play with your food, lol.

Anyone have any other fun food ideas for kids? I'd love.to hear it!

charliebean

Asked by charliebean at 1:57 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Now I will have to get the turkey baster out of the bedroom...hmm think it is under the bed. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Hahahahaha gross
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 2:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• LMAO aww I thought it was gonna get interesting
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:05 AM on May. 7, 2010

• oooh good idea...i actually dont owe one so ill have to buy one
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:06 AM on May. 7, 2010

• @ myheartx4, two words: edible glitter. 'Nuff said. Lol
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 2:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Green eggs and ham - great for St. Patricks Day :-)

if your kids like hot dogs, you can cut them length wise and then make slices in them, sort of like you were cutting them into rings, but the rings are cut in half - don't make any of your cuts go all the way through the hot dog. Microwave it and it will curl up, and, using raisins or etc to accentuate it, you can make it into all sorts of things.

We would arrange it into faces sometimes - the hotdog like that was the mouth (and teeth, of course) - smiling - with a carrot stick nose, and either 2 pickle slices or a couple of olives for eyes, and mini pretzel sticks for hair.

We've made dirt cups, too.

lol - lots of fun and creative things to do in the kitchen :-) I can't remember all of them, but these were some my my kids' favorites :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:07 AM on May. 7, 2010

• this story could have went a whole different way...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:41 AM on May. 7, 2010

• If you design, with your favorite baster, a face or picture on your griddle with some pancake mix and let it cook for about a minute-then add more pancake mix on top to make a traditional round pancake--when you flip it over your round pancake will have a design inside.
    you can make faces or words or flowers. kids love it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Anonymous