Green gunk in my daughters eyes.

Ever since she came home, I have had to clean green gunk out of my daughter's eyes. She is 7 weeks old now and this has been going on for six weeks. We told her doc about it, he thought it was conjunctivitis (my son had it around the same age) and gave us an antibiotic ointment for it. The antibiotic never got rid of it and I have to clean her eyes 10-12 times a day. I can't take her to her pedi, we had to make an emergency trip to another state when she was three weeks and haven't been able to leave yet. DH and I are wondering if its just allergies or could it be something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd had the same problem the doctor said it was a blocked tear duct which is really common and usually clears up befor they are six months. he said just to massage the corner of her eye with a warm wash rag a couple times a day to help the tear duct open up.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• What pp said. DD's dr. also told us not to use the eye cream too much because it may make the problem worse. Just use a warm wash cloth and clean her eyes, and rub the duct. It will clear up on it's own. I think dd was about 2 1/2 mo's before her eye's cleared up.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My daughter also had this. Doctor said blocked tear duct. Massage it by the top of the nose by the eye. By 2 1/2 months old it went away.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:01 AM on May. 7, 2010