Has anyone ever advertised their home business on Craigslist for free?

I think you can do it. I just don't know how. I'd love to hear if anyone has done this.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you seen all the reports about predators and rapists on Craigslist?? I wouldn't even LOOK at that site. Too risky.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:42 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My spouse has a handyman business. While he is on Yelp and Angie's List, 90% of his business comes from free advertising on Craigslist. His ads run in Small Biz ads, Labor and Moving, Household Services and Skilled Trade.

I have not had any luck advertising my businesses on CL (I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching). Most of my business comes from networking.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Its ok if you like spam and are deperate. Merchant circle is a better route.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Yep, I have listed under "Services"

The hit rate is low on craigslist, but it is free, so any buisness you get from it is better than nothing.

I've been using craigslist for years (buying, selling, adverstising) as long as you educate yourself to the scams, you'll do ok.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:58 AM on May. 7, 2010

• yes I have they also let you go back in and change it if you want to.
    Kim3132

Answer by Kim3132 at 8:10 AM on May. 7, 2010

• We have for our carpet cleaning business. But "opportunities" like direct selling companies are not allowed and tend to get flagged and removed quickly.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:15 AM on May. 7, 2010

• The only response I've ever gotten from a Craigslist post is SPAM.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I have gotten a good amount of business from Craigslist. Although most of the leads you will get aren't want you are looking for. But it's better than paying for leads. And you can only post if your ads are cleverly worded, because they will not actually allow home business ads.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I haven't posted any ads on Craigslist however there are so many places you can put your ads for free! Try salesspider.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:56 PM on May. 7, 2010

• yes defintely! You just have to post in areas that you can. Dependent on what your selling!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:32 PM on May. 10, 2010