Would you bother attempting to make plans with some one who had blown you off for years?

First and foremost, although I do not agree with the way my Mother chooses to live her life, I do and always will love her. However, for the last 5 or 6 years, my sister and I have tried to make plans with our Mother for Mother's Day and her birthday. She has blown us off. She despises her BF's Mother, but stays implanted up her BF's butt so she goes with him to do things with his Mother. On her birthday, which is two weeks after, I've had to hunt her down to give her the gifts I got her. I've made plans with her a week in advance, only for me call her as I'm on my way to pick her up to tell me her great plans with so in so. She "forgot" two years in a row that we had plans. This has gone on so long that I don't even want to try to make plans with her. I really don't want to do more than send her a card this year. I've had my feelings hurt. Am I being mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Quit banging your head against the wall. It's obvious your mother has made her priorities and you and your sister are not it. Send her a card and go about your day. Doesn't sound like she's going to be very upset if you don't make plans with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry it's late and I've been up for like 2 days straight with sick little ones. I'm confused. You say YOUR mother hates her BF's mother but she sucks up to her and still wants to do things with her when BF does? Why would she want to do that?

Has she always been like this as a mother? How old is she? How old is her BF? Is his mother wealthy by any chance? I really don't get mothers like yours. My mom and I also disagree on a lot of topics but if she ever blew me off like your mom does to you I would be terribly hurt and confused.

Does she have any issues with her mental health?

MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 2:40 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Yes, that is correct. My Mother despises her boyfriends Mother...perhaps because they are close to the same age and both "over Mother" her boyfriend. She will be 50 in two weeks. I am 29, and her boyfriend is 3 years older than I am...the same age as my sister. Even before she was divorced from my Dad, she was all about her, and unfortunately the few times I have told her how I felt about it, she denies every thing I say. She's even tried to turn my grandparents against me. They think she can do no wrong and will take up for any thing she's done. Even threatening my Dad with a gun last year...they have been divorced for 6 years, but she was drunk and being stupid. Because of all this, I believe, and some members of my family believe that she does have mental problems. She refuses to admit that as well. She is always right, always rude, always whining when no one wants to "go out" with her, but she's pushed me to my limit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Oh, sorry, forgot to answer this...no his Mom is not rich. My Mother prides herself on being extremely two faced. To her co-workers and "friends" she is the perfect Mother and WE are the ones that "keep her" from seeing our kids. To us, she is distant, easily angered and no where to be found for our kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• BUMP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Send her a card. Maybe she'll get the message? Maybe if YOU make other plans, she'll realize how it feels?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:45 AM on May. 7, 2010