Is it safe to swallow cum while you're pregnant?

Okay, well, I feel very awkward of even asking this kind of question on here, but hey, that's what CafeMom is for to ask anything that you need help/advice on though. Lol. My fiance' and I had sex today, but then we also did the position 69 and I swallowed some of his cum, but not all of it because I was remembering about my baby inside of me and didn't know if it is safe to do so or not. Please give me some answers on this question?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it shouldn't hurt the baby.......it's actually a great source of protein...lol. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It's safe, the lil guys stop swimming once they reach your stomach acids. Funny question, I always wondered if women felt strange swallowing while pregnant, just because of the idea of what you eat baby eats... but no it won't affect baby one bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It won't hurt your baby. As the other people said, it's going to go into your system and be absorbed, just as it would be if you weren't pg. Assuming that your partner is healthy (STD free), then it's not going to cause any problem - to you or your baby.

Also, with the amount that you would be consuming (It's not like you're talking a glass full....) , it's going to be so absorbed into your system that it's not even going to reach your baby. It's not like a medicine or something that a little amount is going to have an impact on your blood stream, which is how your body feeds the baby.

It's a personal choice between you and your partner if this is something you want to do, and if you do it, what you do about his ejaculation. But it won't hurt the baby.

Neither will vaginal sex.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:00 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Good protein! ROFL....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Thankyou all for the information. I didn't want anything to go wrong with my baby or anything. So, that's why I wanted to make 100% sure of it. Lol. Well, at least its good protein though. Hahaha! But thanks again for your answers everyone! (:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 7, 2010