why does usin herbs and natural healings make ma anything but a christian?

it seems "christians" can either go to a doctor and get drugs or God heals them. but for someones to use the plants God gave us, makes them anything but christian. I would really like to know.

also if your going to depend on God to heal you and not go to doctors or take meds, then why go to one for pregnancy. wouldn't that mean you are still not puting 100% of your faith in God?

And since i don't seem to be a christian please tell me what i am. i would really love to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are Christian. Ok if any one who insults me for my new choice would look into it, they would see that truly witch craft is a term that was invented with out knowledge. So in reality though through society because me use of spells ( which is only a prayer), incense, candles and herbs I am less of a Christian. That's not so when doing my magic I ask it from God. You are just as much a Christian. Even if others don't agree with me on witch craft that is fine but don't say I'm less of a Christian for it. So the ones who tell you that OP are them selves not being very Christ-like. Don't worry about their opinions they mean nothing, by letting them get to you and hurt you it's letting them win. I hope you feel better and less persecuted OP HUGS TO YOU!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:34 AM on May. 7, 2010

• First of all, I'm a little confused by the question. I'm a Christian and I use natural remedies. It's not because I think using modern medicine is a lack of faith. It's because I think to a certain degree natural remedies are superior to modern medicine. Still, I go to a doctor when I need the kind of care they give. I believe that God has guided in the discovery of modern medicine to heal people, and it is foolish to turn my nose up at that in the name of "faith". It's about choosing what is BEST. Sometimes natural remedies are best; sometimes drugs and surgery save lives.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:32 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Why does that have anything to do with being a Christian or not? My great grandmother (who lived to be almost 100 yrs old and didn't die until after my last child was born, so I knew her and was very close to her) grew up gathering roots, herbs, etc from plants in the area where they lived. Her mother was a "mountain woman" - sort of like a midwife - she did lots of the healing, child deliveries, etc in their area - and had a more successful rate than the Dr in to the area.

I don't discount modern medicine, nor do I discount the power of God in healing you with no physical explanation. But, as long as it's done intelligently and properly, there's nothing wrong with natural remedies, either. In fact, much of modern medicine is based on, or includes ingredients from, nature.

I don't see how using them makes you not a Christian. That's not based on your meds, that's based on whether you believe Christ died for you.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Like the first two poster said it's okay to use natural remedies. The problem is if you are putting your faith or beliefs in someone other then God. In Christianity it's kinda of important that you believe in one God ( It's a commandment, and the most important one).  Yes, I use natural remedies, and I go to the doctor, my faith and beliefs have no conflict with this as long as I still pray and believe in one God.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:43 AM on May. 7, 2010

• some people fear the use to natural herbs is what a "witch doctor" does. It's complete ignorance on their part, especially considering that's what their ancestors used. The herbs you use are namely the same used by doctors, just not crushed down and in pill form, oh and it's probably free or cheaper.. (the natural herbs).

as I said, some people are just ignorant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:03 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm a Christian. I use herbs, food and natural remedies often. It's because I believe that what God made superior than what is man made. We are finding that alot of the chemical processing in our foods and medicines are having very bad effects on our health. Our bodies weren't made to process all of these chemicals. This is common sense.

Do I avoid all medicines? No. I use medicines but I don't treat every ache and pain. I use common sense and good judgement. Thank God, I haven't had to deal with chronic pain so I've never had to use very much medicine. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't if I needed it. I have had history of depression and did not medicate. But then again I wasn't suicidal and was only debilitated for a short amount of time.

I don't see why using natural remedies would make you a witch. In my mind, if you believe in God you believe His creations can be safer and moresuperior with proper use
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:45 AM on May. 7, 2010

• God gave us herbs and the knowledge to use them to heal ourselves. It doesnt make you less of a Christian.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Well obviously, OP, it does not make you anything other than what you are, a Christian who uses herbs. But behind your question is something that needs explaining. The reason you even ask this question is because using herbs to heal was traditionally a Wise Woman's way. Wise Women were close to nature, understood nature, understood healing, and were often persecuted as witches in Europe during the Crusades. There are many witches and pagans in general who are called to learn about herbalism for both healing and for craft. But there are many others now who are beginning to wake up to nature and realize that what we need has been here all along and it is not wacko to look to Nature for answers.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm a Christian and use natural remedies. I don't see how it would make me anything else.
    I trust God to heal, but I also trust that he gave the doctors the minds they have to help heal me. He gives us the TOOLS we need to survive, etc. I mean God did create nature... so why not use it?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:00 PM on May. 7, 2010

• http://www.jokesgallery.com/joke.php?joke=1104&id=1

its like this... you are dying and keep saying "god will heal me"... sometimes you just have to take what the lord gives you and not literally wait for Him to take out the tumor or whatever.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:09 PM on May. 7, 2010