How would you feel if your SO/DH liked looking at other Women?

Even though he loves and cares about you. Is it the same as cheating?? Would you leave him? How does it REALLY make you feel??

My DH tells me there's nothing wrong with eye candy...its not even cheating. He doesn't care if I were to look at men...It doesn't bother him, so it shouldn't bother me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• A man looking is ok. As long as he is doing it discreetly. If he is acting like a single guy would, that is a problem.

I do not mind if my DH looks at other women. But he has to do it on the sly.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would hate that and ask him if your vary isn't good enough to look at? I constantly tell DH to look at me instead of everyone else or the TV, he doesn't even realize how much he ignores my existsnce. It really makes me sad when he does that... And he's not even checking out girls... Just people watching! I can't imagine how you feel!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I dont like it at all! I would never leave him for looking though (just crab a bit) lol but he also dont care if I look at other men, but I dont want to and he shouldnt want to look either. I do hate it though, it makes me feel not good enough I guess!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on May. 7, 2010

• When i was younger it used to really bother me, but as i have gotten older, i could care less. Of course, he always looks at young women and now he's 47. So I always say, think you can get her, go try. He doesn't have enough money, to woo a young girl, ha ha ha. Plus I know bottom line, he loves me.
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 6:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Men look at women & women look at women AND men. When i see a hot chick, i admire her & think "whoa, lucky lady has some legs on her" Beauty is meant to be enjoyed. BUT, i also don't do this in front of DH. And, he never looks at women in front of me. I know he looks at women, i betcha he even hoots & hollers at them while driving around for work all day...LOL! As long as i don't see it, i don't care.

He should be respectful when you are around & try not to look so much. I think if DH did it in front of me all thet time, it may make me feel a bit insecure.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Long as this is just looking and not touching nothing wrong with it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think its silly to get mad over a man looking at a woman. Woman are beautiful and so are some men so why not look. If someone can not watch TV without getting hassled that is BS what is he going to do run and jump into the TV set???? My SIL has that problem and she makes the guy walk out of the room if a woman walks on screem, will stare him down if a woman walks by and is so far up is rear he can't see straight. She isn't happy and niether is he and they fight ALL the time. In my eyes the more you push that away and say you can't look the more they will look. And the more you act like this is some huge problem the more interesting it will become. My husband looks, and I know when he thinks someone is attractive. But I know he would never touch another person so I let him do his thing. He loves me and I turn him on still after 9 years so if he wants to look I let him look and see what he thinks is hot : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:06 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I don't mind it at all. There are alot of beautiful people in the world. I even point beautiful women out to him if i see one. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. As long as he comes home with me. All is good.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2010

• this is an ongoing debate between my SO and i, i don't mind if he looks, and by look i mean a quick glance and that's it, we all do it. BUT, my SO has the tendency to look, then check the mirrors (if we are in the car) until he can no longer see the chick, there have also been times that we were having a conversation, and he would flat out ignore me to look, that to me is disrespectful.

is it cheating? no, but in some cases it is hurtful, i wouldn't leave him over it.

how does it make me feel? if it's just a glance, it doesn't bother me much, but when he does what i mentioned, it makes me feel really bad about myself, my ex was a very bad person that made me have a lot of issues with self esteem, i'm finally feeling better about myself, but when my SO does what he does, it sometimes takes me back to when i used to feel bad about myself and hurts my feelings, i've recently gained weight, so that factors in too.

Anonymous

• You mean literally just "looking" - as long as my hubby doesn't oogle, stare and drool, or make comments, then it doesn't bother me. I have seen him look at a good looking woman, and I'm sure he is thinking wow she's hot, but he is not disrespectful and never says anything in front of me. I'm okay with that. Heck, I've seen a good looking guy and thought "good looking guy" but that's it. So it really doesn't bother me at all, and it definitely is not cheating. If your man is making a complete ass out of himself every time he sees an attractive woman, then I might be hitting him upside his head, hahaha.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:32 PM on May. 7, 2010