Should foster teens be *FORCED* into having late term abortions?

What are your thoughts on the recent news stories of foster teens being FORCED (or perhaps very strongly coerced through threats) into having abortions? One was at 24 weeks!!!!!!!! She had already picked out a name for him and was excited, yet she was forced to be driven to another state to have an abortion at 24 weeks. Thoghts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's a link to the Facebook group that has several articles on it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115288528508611
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think this is wrong. I think that all teens should have to take birth control.. it should be free and mandatory. Ugh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• OMG that makes me feel sick to my stomach. 24 weeks. a baby can LIVE if born that far along. DISGUSTING!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it is so wrong! Age is only a number, it shouldn't be the thing determining whether a mother is going to make a good mother! I mean I'm 16 and my baby wasn't planned but I'm 37 weeks pregnant now and can't imagine my life any different. I think it should be up to the mum, no matter what age, whether she wants to keep the baby!
    Emziie

Answer by Emziie at 6:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• No they should not. They can make that decision themselves. I have a friend who's mom had her at 14. She is so super cool & her mom is so super cool & did a wonderful job raising her (she did get help from her parents for a while though).
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• No! That is barbaric. Maybe they should have to put them up for adoption though. They are just kids and since they are foster kids, they have no resources or family to take care of the baby while the "mother" grows up!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:28 AM on May. 7, 2010

• no one should ever be forced to abort! i am 100% pro choice and that idea of forcing anyone to do that is completely wrong!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:45 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It is totally wrong! why should anyone but the mom decide what is best.

Answer by older at 7:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree with the lady who said it was barbaric! At 24 weeks? Makes me ill, honestly. Do they even realize what lifelong pain and suffering, possible mental illness, they are causing the teen mom? I am not even going to read the article, it will make me to upset.
    LovemyQ

Answer by LovemyQ at 8:00 AM on May. 7, 2010

• NO ONE should be forced into an abortion!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:02 AM on May. 7, 2010