clogged milk duct (PIOG)

how long do i try the nurse, massage, heat approach before calling my doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• op I can't tell if it's red or not. it's right beside my nipple within my areola. it hurts like hell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• If you get a red bump, should go to the doctor. I had one clogged milk duct in a year of breastfeeding (so far) and I was sick for a day. No fever, but I felt feverish and I also felt sick.. and I just pretty much sat all day telling my DH I was sick and him telling me that I'm not sick.. then I noticed a redish circle on my breast the next day before my shower... that was it.. but if i had been sick the next day, I would have made an appointment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Are you running a fever? If not, I would just try to massage it still and stuff.. but if you have a fever, I would make an appointment. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Try a shower as warm as you can stand it with out burning your self for 20-30mins, then take eucalyptus leaves boil them to where they are warm wrap your breast in the leaves for the same amount of time. Be sure to thoroughly clean your breast before attempting to feed. Repeat this 3 times a day at least for three days you should gain full milk supply and unclog your ducts.. My grams who was a medicine woman use to have woman do this and it worked 100% of the time. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I just waited until it hurt like hell. Then, I went in and needed antibiotics.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:22 AM on May. 7, 2010

• op- it started out hurting like hell. it was very sudden. not sure where to find the eucalyptus leaves, but at this point i will try anything. thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 7, 2010

Natural herb or healing stores, one place I found them for my friend was a magick shop. Depending on location they may have them. Heres a place to order on-line.

http://www.best-price.com/search/landing/query/eucalyptus+leaves/s/google/cv/110178/adid/1302151/koid/5830348627/

Good luck!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:49 AM on May. 7, 2010