Abortion questions

I know this will turn into a bash fest, but......
Is abortion covered under medical insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not covered under mine, but i don't have the fanciest insurance available. Why don't you call your insurance provider, or you could try & check online. I can look at all my personal insurance info by logging in online.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:46 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Do you have Mass Health?
    It's covered under that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I have blue cross blue shield if that helps, i cant find anything online about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Call YOUR insurance company and ask them. Just like car insurance, every one has difference coverage.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Insurance plans are not all the same. You're going to have to call and ask them. Though it's nearly impossible to get a live person on the phone with BC/BS. I used to do insurance verifications for a living, and they were notorious. You could also call up your provider and ask them to help you determine your coverage. They have people in the office who are paid to do such things.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:26 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It's my understanding that it's available under many plans but calling your specific insurer is the best bet
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Are you just wondering, or are you planning on using that as your "birth control" method? Seriously, it would make more sense to get insurance that would cover an IUD... If I found out my insurance company covered abortions, I would cancel immediately.
    Plus, if you were planning on getting an abortion NOW, and your insurance doesn't currently cover it, then you won't get the company to pay for one anyway, since it is a preexisting condition.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:36 AM on May. 7, 2010

• They are covered under Kaiser...
    Anonymous