If your child was going to be a parent as a teen what would your reaction be?

I like to watch 16 and pregnant and I was wondering what your reaction would be to your child being a teen parent?

I would be a little upset that it happened but would support any decision my children chose, wether it be abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby. I certainly wouldnt be raising the child though, helping yes, but if they chose to keep the baby then the responsiblilty is on them.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:08 AM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would do what the lady in Juno did... get her a doctors appointment and buy her prenatals!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would deal with it as best I could always being supportive every step of the way. I go by this saying, when life hands you lemons you learn to make lemonade. It hasn't failed me yet!

Answer by older at 7:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• when life hands you lemons you learn to make lemonade.

unless life also hands you sugar and water your lemonade is gonna suck.

I would be pissed beyond belief that my daughter was so stupid as to get pregnant while KNOWING how it happens and how to prevent it. That being said I would support her choice whether it be adoption or keeping it and I would attempt to help educate her on both choices. If she chose to keep the baby I would make sure she had all the tools she needed to be successful while standing back and letting her be the mom. I would not raise her child for her. It was her choice to have the baby. And my job to be the doting grandmother not the mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It would take me a little while to come around. My first reaction would be anger but I Know I would eventually be there to be supportive. That would be a hard thing for me to adjust to I'm sure. But then again my daughter is 2 now so I have no idea!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I love babies! Any baby is a good thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would be upset and hurt at first but would never yell or scream at her just give her a hug. I would never encourage her to have a abortion. I would encourage her to either keep the baby or give the baby up for adoption. When I was 16 I got pregnant and was forced to give up my daughter ( which will not happen with my daughters). I would give her the pros and cons with both options and be very supportive of her. Pray this never happens but it does and you just got to deal with it the best you can. One thing though she will stay in school that would not be an option for her. ( I see that on MTV"s 16 and pregnant some of those girls so not go back) it is sad and yes some of them do not have the support.
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 8:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i would be soo disappointed but I would help her unitl she graduated high school and college. I would tell her she has to stay in school if she wants my help with the baby and that includes college too.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:07 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'd take my child over my right knee and give em a good whipping and ask what were they thinking??? I come from an extended family and we always manage to help one another out. I am pro choice but I dont think I could ever let my daughter consider abortion and adoption is out of the question. I will tell her have the baby and raise the child and if she complains I would tell her you should have thought about that before you haf sex.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 9:14 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would be sad,but life goes on and I would do whatever it takes to make sure she finishes school.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I am disgusted to see someone say their child could be so stupid...uhm you do know even birth control isn't 100% full proof right? I had my 4th child while on birth control and got pregnant with my 5th AFTER my husband had a vasectomy. Life happens people. If your child gets pregnant then where the hell where you? Why weren't you more aware of what they were doing. Instead of calling your child stupid why not look at yourself and figure out what you could of done. If you allow your child to go to her BF's house and don't know the parents are there or not, then you can blame yourself. If you aren't stirct on curfews then blame yourself. You need to realize that women have had babies for years at early ages. My grandma was married by 15 and had her first baby at 16. Yes times change but realize that you have to understand that kids will do whatever they want whether you tell them not to or not.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2010