AMERICAN teens displaying AMERICAN flag in AMERICA is disrespectful to Mexicans because it's Cinco de Mayo?

How is this possible in America? It doesn't matter if it's a foreign holiday or not, this is still America. Let's all go to Mexico and try telling them not to show their Mexican flag--in Mexico, on the fourth of July because it's OUR holiday. Yeah, that'd work real well. But they can do it here and get away with it.
Link here, and clicky below.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/23470391/detail.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'm sure this point5 has been told to death on here.....but the kids were doing it to be a**holes to the Mexican kids,throwing it in their faces! Geez!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2010

• WOW..you had me at ''foreign holiday''! do other countries really celebrate OUR holidays, or is it simply noted on their calendars?? wonderin'...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Sad isn't it? This was posted yesterday a few times.What is even sader is some made excuses for the teachers reaction..I think it sends a terrible message...TERRIBLE message.Our flag should never be cast out in our country where it belongs.I also find it ironic as heck that the very country that acknowledges the holiday (Mexico doesn't really celebrate it) is treated in such a way.Like being spat upon...if someone if offended by our flag they need to get lost.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Wow !!!!! Why !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 7, 2010

• anonymous ..to my understanding one of the boys wearing our flag IS Hispanic (father from Mexico) ..regardless our flag should never be banned.Do you realize tons of folks celebrate the holiday and include our flag as well?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:39 AM on May. 7, 2010

• why do people say that they dont celebrate it in mexico? THEY DO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 7, 2010

• tnmomofive, I totally agree with you!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:43 AM on May. 7, 2010

• anonymous to my understanding it isn't as celebrated like it is here.Which I know for alot of folks it is simply seen as a day to get wasted drunk.Regardless,our flag belongs here and it should never be seen as offensive..that is simply ridiculous and NUTS.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:46 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i think its sad that they got sent home. its so sad. i can't believe they would do that. its our american flag. its sickening to think they got cast out for wearing our flag. what is next we can't wear it on st. patrick's day because its a irsh holiday. i mean i say get real. its a joke what happen to those kids.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:00 AM on May. 7, 2010