Could this be a phase?

I have a dd who is 7 yrs. Old and she cries for everything & everything ( depends on what it is or what we are doing. ) I can't take her whining & her crying I just want to scream but I just tell her to calm down or else.... Shedoesn't care so I am just starting to ignore and go to the other room and sometimes she'll follow and sometimes she' ll stop bc she is distracted by something else.
Ex: This morni ng my ds was putting on some chapstick she noticed this and decided to get hers but she could not find it she started to throw a fit bc we were leaving out the door so I can drop them off at school well she cried & cried her bro. Even offered his but she said NO! I just took them to school I don't know if she stopped crying but I am sure she stopped...My little drama queen... UGH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just keep ignoring it. It sounds like a phase to me. Or maybe, she will just be a drama queen. I'm sure she stopped crying when she went to school and was around her friends.

Good Luck and I really hope it's a phase.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My daughter is 5 and going through the same thing...jeez I hope it doesn't last until she's 7. I try my best to ignore it but sometimes I want to scream at her. I don't. Usually I walk away for a bit. Good luck....to both of us. :)
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Of course she stopped once at school..you weren't there. I have a niece like this. She is a horrible rude mouthy brat when she's with her mother. She won't eat without fighting, sleep without fighting and then getting up 20 times a night and waking my sister. But when her mother isn't around she's rational and relatively well behaved, and even goes to bed without and fight and doesn't get up at all. Her mother is a self absorbed headcase and her father is an alcoholic and the only way she can get my sister's attention is by acting like the spawn of Satan.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:36 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My 5 yr old does this. I often ignore it but I too like you get so aggravated I mean crying over small things just drive me nuts. i try to emphasize when she talks not whines or cries I will listen and this helps to a degree. She can't stand to be ignored! She is good at school and for her father but does this more with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My dd is a drama queen too. And she's not a brat (usually) but seems to be MAJOR in this phase right now. I tend to treat it like the early whining phase ... ignore and remind that I can't understand or help her if she speaks like that and go on with life.
    Its REALLY hard though that SOUND just gets on my NERVES but I know (hope) that with consistency she'll get past it.
    At school... she's an angel from heaven at home the other side comes out... LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:41 AM on May. 9, 2010