Something to think about....

Did you know that An estimated 56 percent of all abusers -- physical, mental and sexual -- are women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The most common form is psychological.

Do any of you fall in this category?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/mothers-psychologically-abuse-children-bad-sex-abusers-experts/story?id=10577646

Asked by older at 8:51 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Health

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • yeah, i have seen some women beat the crap out of the kids but with my own experience i can see how brainwashing tops the list.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:11 AM on May. 7, 2010

• no i dont believe i fall into the category. I can see women making the top for psychological abuse..but i don't see women being physical or sexually abusive..i find that hard to believe. Maybe some physical towards their partners. idk.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Shay I was surprised too, some mothers take the physical discipline a bit too far, only to scar kids forever.

Answer by older at 9:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• ...not that i do that =) my step mother did that to us and my mother did...just to try to get everyone on their side. you know how that goes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I have known people who were physically abused by their mother. And I have heard of women that were active participants in the sexual abuse of children. I have also known men that were abused by their wife.

It does happen.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Wow I didn't know the number was that high but the psychological abuse doesn't surprise me one bit.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:01 AM on May. 7, 2010

• wow.....thx for sharing I did not know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2010

• By psych tests I fit into a potential because of my abuse by my mother as a child. The whole cycle thing. However I go to counseling and chose to break the cycle. It is not a childhood I wish for my kids. My mom hit my dd (hard in the head throwing her across the room) once while dh was checking on dd I threw my mom into her living room wall no body will do to my kids what she did to me. Not even myself I would kill myself first. So yes I could fit into the potential abuser on pshych test, but I would never allow myself to act on it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Yes I did know this though it is sad, but usually caused by cycles or post partum. Very sad.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:57 AM on May. 7, 2010