How can PA Recipients break away from PA?

An Ethiopian refugee who can to The US started her new life receiving PA but she was determine to do something about it. She took jobs a housekeeper now she works in a hospital in the Maternity Ward as head of housekeeping. She is getting the award for Woman of the Year from Good Morning America.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG Anon 9:29 I am sure that was not her goal. This woman is is a wonderful example of what PA is for. I am on PA now and wanting to get off soooo bad. There are almost no jobs where I love that I can do with my schedule. MY kids (my DD and stepsons) come first and they need someone here for them and I am that person and that is more important. How dare you say this woman is not a good example than hide behind that stupid anon.

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• good for her. the purpose of PA is to help those for a short time do something to get off of it. to become indepedant. i know that some abuse it but its really helpful to those that need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

• So her first act after coming here was to jump on PA. Not a great example even if she is off of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Well my opinion is people like this should be given certain time limits if they are going to be on PA... we can't afford the PA for our own citizens let alone people from other countries... I get the whole " be good, help everyone" but let's think real life people... we as a country can't keeping playing mommy to the whole world... we got enough problems of our own.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:11 AM on May. 7, 2010