Has anyone ever done a "colon cleanse"?

Did you get benefits from it? and what did you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Health

• nope I researched it & discovered it's crock of sh*t. Google search it, you'll find some really interesting info. Firstly, in all the autopsies documented the only time they find this colloid build up is if the deceased is in the midst of a colon cleanse cycle. Otherwise it simply is not there. The ingredients in these supplements are based on something used in clay to make the dirt conform hold a shape. Therefore you take this substance in, it travels through your intestines where it takes on the form and shape of the intestines hey presto, big suprise it comes out as a rope, much the same as the shape of the intestine. so the colon cleanse ingredients actually create this ropey Poop that you gaze at in awe think has done you good. Lastly, if you've ever had a colonascopy, you'd know the walls of the colon are pink mucus free for the vast majority. If we all had this impacted gunk caking our intestines we wouldn't do them
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Only in preparation for a colonoscopy. It was a prescription cleanse. I lost 8 lbs but remember when you cleanse the colon the weight you lose is temporary and it will come back bc you have to eat and it fills the colon back up. I can't imagine that anything over the counter could work well.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I did Dr. Natura's. It was interesting. It didnt have the thick mucus look. It described it more as expanding fiber so it was very productive poop but the purpose was to have the fiber expand so as it passed it "cleaned" the sides of the colon. I felt better after I did it. Its not like it changed my llife or anything but it did seem cleansing. It was all natural and I had no cramping or running to the bathroom. I went about 3 times a day and when i went it was VERY PRODUCTIVE lol. I would do it again.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i have done a regular clense and one for a colonoscopy both were very productive and i felt very clean after. the colonoscopy stuff was fast! the OTC stuff took a a few days to kick in. but i recommend a cleans every few months. feels good. also, i do an enema once and a while. it works good too. good luck and good for you!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i did a vegetable juice cleanse/ fast.
    i didn't buy any cleanse in a box...
    i took powdered greens and vitamin a and c along with only drinking organic vegetable juice for 7 days.
    it only took one day before i was seeing what i was eating...which indicates to me, that i was not at all backed up.
    your body has a built in cleansing system, it is called your digestive system, including the liver and kidneys. if you want to be clean, you should eat clean, and don't spend money on cleanses, but spend your money on whole foods : )
    i would be extra leery of products that claim to pull toxins from your system...they would also pull good stuff from your system too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2010