Any one else glad to see the recnt uproar (s)?

I'm thinking about 2 things... the foster child forced into a late term abortion (I'm sad for her!) and also the 5 kids that got sent home for wearing an American flag shirt in an American school.

The first story is sad, the second story is rediculous! BOTH bring issues into the public eye though that many Americans have not otherwise heard about!

I'm glad those idiots did what they did so that the issues can be briought to the table before it is too late for Americans to stop this BS!! Many Americans are pretty clueless how close they are to losing many of thier rights.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah the internet does seem to make people more aware of what's going on in other places. You read about things and ideas that may not have been considered newsworthy by the radio and television news groups. As far as losing rights...you may have a point and it appears that freedom of speech and expression may be the first to go. All the Politcally Correct stuff is about not offending anyone, but in promoting that line of thinking they seem to have forgotten that some people are very easily offended and they are often offended over really dumb things. It's not really about tolerance, the situation in that Ca school is a good example, if they were all practicing tolerance, there would not have been a problem. It appears to be getting to the point where you cannot express yourself openly unless you are with a group that shares your opinions and ideas or you'll be accused of offending someone & being intolerant. (cont)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:43 AM on May. 7, 2010

• OP- Sorry post is full of typos. I'm typing one handed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Welll...,aside from the fact that you can't hear about an issue that hasn't happened yet (the T-shirt thing hit the news within hours of the kids being sent home...couldn't have been any faster than it was)...

National debate is ALWAYS a good thing. That's one of our rights.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:22 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Good way to look at it OP..I do agree that it is good when these things are exposed and being complacent is no longer an option.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:24 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree gd it was quick...sadly it is far from the only time such has happened involving our flag.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree gd it was quick...sadly it is far from the only time such has happened involving our flag

OP- I totally agree! With technology the way it is today, news like this spreads in an instant!

My point was more that I was glad that some times people do overly stupid things that bring BIGGER attention to an issue then would have been if they hadn't acted so stupidly.

It is amazing what the internet has done to the way we communicate in the last 10 years!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2010

OP- Thanks TN!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Very true OP and the uproar was quick the story was spread throughout the internet like a wild virus and folks started bombarding the school with calls.I never did get through the mailboxes were full lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Yea, we are slowly loosing all of our rights, and most people are just sitting back watching it, wondering what Obama will do to save the world next......
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:57 AM on May. 7, 2010

I totally agree with you. Obama needs to stop thinking of other countries and start taking care of ours.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 10:03 AM on May. 7, 2010