What to get a school teacher she is getting married?

She has been so good to my dd :)
My dd likes her a lot andsays she Is very pretty too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that getting a teacher a wedding gift is not appropriate. Yes she's a good lady, a great teacher, but the wedding is apart of her "personal" life. Sure she may miss some time at school due to the wedding, but her getting married has nothing to do with her being your child's teacher or your child's education other then she just happens to be the teacher. I would never get a child's teacher a wedding gift, baby shower gift, or anything of that nature unless I happen to be friends of this person outside of school. If you wanted to show your appreciation for what she has done for your child, then I would wait till the end of the year and get her something; addressed in her married name if applicable. Many married teachers use their maiden name FOR work and their married name OUTSIDE of work. So I would make sure she's using her married name as her professional name before I gave her....
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Maybe something with her new name for the classroom. An apple with Mrs.____ (insert new name) to sit on her desk so everyone remembers her new name. Doesnt have to be an apple.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:27 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Gift card! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Find out where she is registered and get something off her list.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think what ria7 said is a great idea. I'm also a big fan of gift cards too though.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I asked some of my teacher friends what I shouldn't give my kid's teachers as gifts... they said they get too many apple based decorations. It is a nice idea, but what will they do with all those trinkets year after year after year.... For our teachers we bought school supplies (that they would other wise have to buy out of pocket for). They also said gift cards "are the bomb!"

For a wedding type gift, I agree with the PP that said get something from the registry, or a gift card.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:54 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Wow since when did students start buying wedding presents for teachers? It seems kind of...inappropriate? Give her a card....she'll appreciate it and won't end up with another useless teacher gift.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 7, 2010

• So its not nice to give people presents? teacher or not she is STILL a human lol...No Im not getting you a present because your a dog trainer!How dare you be nice to my dag and teach him tricks! You person you! (Im not being serious lol)
    Its a wonderful thing to give JUST because.When I was in high school(3rd school went and bought each of my teachers a card and wrote then in my own words THANK YOU.I was moving and they have helped me so much in my life.I didn't have parents to help me.I was couch surfing and they had a meeting just about me.Anything I needed i had help. I was even offered a home by a teacher.If it wasn't for those teachers I think I would be a really bad person.Teachers do make a difference(some).Teach your children that giving is a good thing NO matter WHO they are.A gift card would be wonderful,even a simple card with your dds writing would be great.it doesn't take much effort..its the thought that counts
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:40 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Boy..grammar police are gonna be all over that... Dog not dag :/ lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:41 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would definately buy school supplies for her like another answer mentioned.
    Also you could buy her something for her house. Something unique and useful.

And it is appropriate to give a teacher a gift. A teacher is a person too, just as your friends or family. Everyone deserves a nice gesture like a gift. Plus, you're teaching your children to be kind to others and show their appriciation to them. That's important.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:52 AM on May. 7, 2010