Am I wrong or is he???

Oh here is the deal. I resent my SO so bad for this and I want to know if I am in the wrong or if he is. I work 50+ hours a week as a nanny with 3 kids ages 3, 2, and 6 months old. He is on unemployment and watches our daughter most days when she doesn't wanna come to work with me. Well he joined a football team that Practices on Saturday from 10am till 12pm so he leave for practice at 9am and doesn't get home till 1pm. Then games are on Sundays and he is gone usually from 10am till 4 or sometime 5 depending on where the game is. Meanwhile I am at home watching our daughter after working all week. I don't get to sleep in, I don't get to relax even for one day, and I don't get to join anything cuz he is always gone. Am I wrong to resent him? I mean I work all week and he sits at home and yet the only 2 days I can relax he gets to go have time with his friends. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• ok I think you should talk to him & just let him know how tired you are.. & let him know you feel its unfair that you work 50+ hours a week & still have to keep up the house.. if I was you I would NOT do any of the household chores make him do them.. tell him you want him to either get a job or act like a Stay at home dad & do most of the cleaning, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping etc...
    try to say all of this in away where you are asking for help ( at first) letting him know your not super woman, if that don't work talk with him again more firmly, but with love if possible.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I would be upset too! Hopefully he does laundry and cleans the house while he is home. does he make dinner? He needs to do something to take a load off of you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• if he leaves at 9 and 10am..that isn't sleeping in for you? think about it this way..he's home 'working' all week, too..just like a sahm..does he keep the house clean/laundry/cook? he deserves some time off..perhaps you could go to some of the games, with your child..get out of the house. its a 50/50 situation, just like any arrangement.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• That is not fair at all I would quit my job so he can go find a job so u can take care of ur own kid rather than someone elses kids.
    Talk to him about it it is not fair at all it will drive u insane GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• OP here- He does nothing all day but maybe a few dishes. I wake up at 5:30am to get ready for work. I work 7am till sometimes 5 or 6pm. I go home and cook dinner, clean it up, bathe our daughter, play with her for a bit, then get her to bed. I NEVER get to relax unless she is asleep. On the weekends I wake up at 6 or 7am when my daughter does because if he tries to let me sleep in he always ends up falling asleep on the couch and she comes looking for me. He stay up till 1am everyday playing video games. Most of the time before I leave for work my daughter will beg to go with me cuz daddy doesn't do anything with her but let her watch tv all day. I have told him to find a job but he's not doing anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 7, 2010

• ok he watches your child, if he is cleaning/cooking he is a SAHD .. & he is working to.. let him go to his practices/ games & when they are done you take some time to relax.. the practices end at 1 games at 4pm, so It think you two can work together.. and yes he should be doing the majority of the cleaning, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping etc...
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:45 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Nope, I would really UPSET too. You must have alot of restraint and patience because if that were me I would be telling him "Dude you don't even a job and you want to join a football team, what about me and your daughter!!". But your not me, so good for you. LOL, Just talk to him tell him hey I need some to relax to you know. I work 50+ hours a week and I wanna sleep in at least one of these days. Negotiate...
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 9:46 AM on May. 7, 2010

• His going to football...NOT wrong. His sitting on his butt all day all week and making YOU cook? THAT is what's wrong. Cut him a deal. He is in charge of dinner and the cleanup every day. Give him a set of chores to complete (do it for him...men won't come up with this stuff on their own) and YOU do not do any of those things.

Get him working on house stuff during the week, and getting up early on the weekends won't seem so bad because you can eat cereal and watch cartoons with your daughter. That's not so bad, is it? **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 9:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• OP Here- Did I also mention I am 6 months pregnant and I am tired all the time???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Kick his ass to the curb and use better judgement next time you think about getting involved with someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 7, 2010