Isn't it amazing how thigns work out?

6 years ago I was in a really bad accident. Broke 7 bones, punctured my lung, tore my ACL, twisted all the other ligaments in my knee, chipped my spine and did nerve damage in my foot. I will never forget the day the doctor walked into my hospital room and just blurted out that my foot was paralyzed and I was going to be in the hospital for at least 3 months, then I'd need another 6 months of physical therapy at a live-in treatment center and even then they weren't sure if I would walk again or not. That was one of the very few times I've ever seen my father cry. It was my 2 or 3rd day in ICU. I was in ICU for a total of 7 days. Then on my 3rd morning in a private room, I moved my toe. That day I walked for the first time in 10 days and they sent me home that night. Within a month I had full use of my foot. Within 2 months after my ACL surgery I was walking perfectly fine, unassisted. Dr knows best? I don't always think so!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just because doctors have diplomas on their office wall, doesnt mean they know everything. So glad you came out of that bad situation and are doing well now.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 9:47 AM on May. 7, 2010

• my SIL (my DH;s bro's wife.. i guess that makes her my SIL right.. well she's more like a best friend to me) anyways last year in april she had a pretty little daughter. then exactly after 8 days of her delivery she had a brain hemorrhage. there was absolutely NO problem with her before. no family history disease, nothing ! 3 of her veins burst in her brain. causing her to be in coma for more than 6 months(btw she lives in canada so they get the best of medical, all free). even the doctors couldnt figure out (to this date) that what caused it. after 6 months she came out of coma and they started the physical, mental and emotional therapy.the works.she was discharged and came home with her physical therapy and full-time home nurse.she started talking and walking.and no 1 in our family was more hopeful then herself !! then exactly 1 week before her daughter's 1st birthday she started feeling her head bursting again...
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:50 AM on May. 7, 2010

• continued from above ***
    and the doctors found out she had an external infection on her bone flab (which was taken out a year ago to operate). it was wasted and they had to throw it away. now she's going to go through another surgery in 4-5 months and they're going to place an artificial bone flab. she has been discharged from the hospital again. coming back every other day for her continued physical therapy and get fresh bandages on her head. but whenever i talk to her.. i feel like im talking to a ray of sunshine !!! its a wonder how that woman is soooo strong ! i often end up crying while talking to her and she's the one who's consoling me !! i know i shouldnt be hopeless in front of her but i cant help it when i hear her voice.
    as for OP. im so glad things worked out for u. women like u and my SIL.. u really give us women a good name. women like u set an example for us and make up strong ! God bless u both
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:55 AM on May. 7, 2010

• and yes.. same as ure case.. her doctors wernt so sure she was going to make it !! (i mean ure situation wasnt life-threatening thank God).. but they were very hopeless and predicted everything very negatively and late. but she did it.. exactly like u!
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 9:58 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Everything a doctor tells you is an educated guess. Nothing in medicine and science is concrete, it can't be. The body changes with every breath we take and no recover is the same as the last.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:42 AM on May. 7, 2010