If you were at the Mall with your toddler and you realized that you forgot to pack a snack. What kind of food would you buy at the Mall as snack?

Time: Between 11 am and 1 pm.

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a plain pretzel? depends on what 'snacks' they offer.

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on May. 7, 2010

• BTDT! I would go to chick-fil-a , Chicken noodle soup, crackers, and a fruit cup

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:48 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My 3 year old would ask for Subway because it comes with apples loll.My 1 year old loves the sandwich. Both get pleased :)

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:48 AM on May. 7, 2010

• probably a hot dog....and if she's good, a cookie....every time we're at the mall, which isn't very ofter, i always tell my dd, that if she's good, she'll get a cookie...of course its the little bite cookie lol..but it keeps her calm and fit free, which makes my shopping easier and faster.

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• ooooooooooo Chick-fil-a fruit cup! thats a good one..mommy wins also..Chicken yummy

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• not the healthiest i know, but dd eats very healthy at home, so why not give her something she doesn't get at

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:50 AM on May. 7, 2010

• usually the mall has a food quart and my daughter loves the apples, so I would find the mcdonalds in the food quart and buy her just the apple sticks that come in a happy meal...they will let you buy anything separate. if she was being a good girl i would buy her the toy too :)

Answer by xxmandyraexx at 9:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• LOL With my first I'd have said I'd go into the supermarket (there is always one at the mall) and buy a snack from the bay aisle- toddler cookies etc. But by now with 4 kids, honestly if I'm thete and I don;t have a snack I buy whatever i want. A do-nut, a happy meal, fries, a subway meal or an ice-cream. Nutrition for a child is over a wide time range. If I don't do great in this time slot, it will be addressed ion the next 5 time slots. I don't worry at all about the nutritional value etc Actually it doesn't make any difference, kids make their lifestyle choices based on the regular daily examples, not on rare moments. For an country so well educated, we have one of the highest childhood obesity rates in the world, that isn't because Moms make bad occasional choices at the mall, it is because of prolonged poor choices day after day

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Our local mall has a health food store so that would be an easy choice lol but otherwise I would also say a plain pretzel or try to find a fruit cup/ yogurt something along those lines

Answer by laciD at 10:04 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Try and find the healthy food available in the food court. Some places like Wendy's or Subway serve fruit cups or fruit slices. This way she is eating yet, it is still healthy at the same time.

Answer by momof349 at 10:44 AM on May. 7, 2010