Outrageous!!!!!

U C L A hospital running a solon in the neonatal area of the hospital and doctors and nurses getting facials, waxes and nails done ? WTH???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The same complaint alleged a doctor "had a French manicure right on the high-frequency ventilator."

What a bunch of morons.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Hey those in the medical field have no time otherwise for any of these indulgences, I see it as a plus.

Answer by older at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think that is great if the Moms can use it too!! Something like that for Moms to use when they are under stress would be a really nice touch!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I'd like to know how they get the funding for something like this... I'm all for the drs. being able to take 5 min. and relax but what are the costs of all this... Our country is on a very thin line and blowing money on things like this, is a little crazy IMO>
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:59 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i think its a great idea too. facials are for good skin i admit. but more than that , they relax u and calm u down. and doctors need all the relaxing they need. they deserve a little break too. as for waxing and mani/padis... come on , they have a life too. y shouldnt they have the right to groom themselves once in a while ?? i think its a great idea
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:01 AM on May. 7, 2010

• What about the germs of the equipment around those fragile babies? Can't they do that on their own time?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:05 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I agree with the concept but the area they have it in should be changed.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:09 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Hmm Interesting. Cancer hospitals have salons in them because people spend so many hours there. I don't know how it is paid for but I don't have a problem with it as long as they are paying for it and they are not doing on work time. It should not be a tax payer thing, I think the moms of these tiny babies who stay in the hospital for months might appreciate it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:35 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I found a link, it wasn't really a salon. It was noloads performing their own beauty makeovers. Only in CA is all I have to say.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:36 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Here is a link. There is no "salon" in the NICU. It was just two employees that did something stupid at work. A make-shift salon is what the articles say. Your post made me think it was a planned out and professional salon set up in the hospital.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=7428014

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:14 AM on May. 7, 2010