Opinions?

"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to, and less than that no man shall have." - Theodore Roosevelt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree!

Answer by older at 10:08 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Absolutely. Which is why my blood boils when we see stories of medical incompetence at military facilities, or veterans being shamed out of getting mental help if they need it, or of their families needing to go on public assistance of some kind to survive.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Too bad it ain't true, well it ain't in this country anyway
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Great concept! Now, if we could just implement something that's even similar to it....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:21 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Amen 29again!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:22 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Are they really treated so horribly in the current system we have in place?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Yes, anon they are. How right is it for a man to be dodging bullets and praying he doesn't drive over a bomb and his wife is at home feeding the kids via food stamps? Our country is failing her troops on many many fronts. I am a military wife and I see so much much it almost makes me physically ill.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• They are given free housing, free health care and cheaper food prices, what else do they want?
    Anonymous

• Um, they are not given free housing and cheaper food prices once they retire! Sure, if they live close to a base, but I'm four hours away from the closest one, and my dad, a war vet, who retired after 23 years, is more than a day's drive away from the closest base because he went where he could find a job. Retirement is not enough to live off of. The only thing he gets for free is healthcare, and crappy healthcare at that.

When he was IN the service he didn't get free housing either. They deduct that from your take home pay, it's not free.
    Anonymous

You should really educate yourself.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:57 PM on May. 7, 2010