Birthday help please

I am throwing a 5th birthday party for my oldest daughter...Barbie theme. I don't have much money to spend and I wanted to know what to get and what to do for the party. I am making the cake (Barbie cake) and I just don't know what to do. My hubby freaked out saying I always throw big parties which is not true since I only have thrown my two girls 1st birthdays and thats it. I want he to have fun and all. What can I do and make it Barbie themed still for her.

mommyjones

Asked by mommyjones at 10:13 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Entertainment

• get pink table cloths, forks, cups and napkins at the dollar tree & then splurge on barbie plates that should be enough barbie stuff with the cake and all, she's only 5 so it shouldn't be that big a deal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Walmart has really cheap Barbie themed items. My daughter is having a Disney Princess themed party next weekend at a park and I bought regular paper plate, cups, and Disney Princess napkins. You don't have to go all out with the theme.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Get the generic plates in pink along with fork, cups, napkins etc... Streamers are pretty cheep about $1 a roll at Walmart and they go a long way. If you want more Barbie stuff then you could probably print some pics off the computer, if you don't have printer then maybe a family member or friend would do it for you. You can use the pics for the wall or print smaller ones and paste them onto white paper lunch bags for goody bags. Barbie stickers may be another avenue to explore for the goody bags.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 10:28 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Use mostly pink and just choose one item with Barbie printed on it. I'd go with barbie napkins or cups because you can't see the picture on the plates once the cake is on them.

You can get Barbie type dolls or Barbie accessories at Dollar Tree for party favors, or you could just do bags with candy and pink balloons and bracelets or something like that.

You can make games that revolve around Barbie. You could do a ring toss using your daughter's Barbie dolls as the targets. You could have the girls all bring their own Barbies and have a Barbie beauty pageant or talent contest. You could have them try to put shoes on Barbie while blind folded. You could do a Barbie treasure hunt where there is a Barbie doll holding each clue, and the goody bags could be the prizes at the end. You could let the girls do Barbie crafts - maybe make necklaces or bracelets and use cheap Barbie knock off accessories for charms.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:30 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Just make it really girlie. Use Barbie and pink plates, cups and napkins. Think or research some fun games that the girls can play. Just let them have a fun time, whether it is running around or making noise. No matter what they will have fun.
    momof349

Answer by momof349 at 10:41 AM on May. 7, 2010

• We just went to a six year old party that was really fun. They had hula hoops all over the yard when we got there. The girls played with them. I thought that would have been a great party favor, but they didn't take them home. I don't know why they wanted to keep 15 hula hoops!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:53 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Maybe if you have a really big cardboard box from something, you could cut it out to make it look like Barbie's car, paint it pink or decorate it with markers or something. Then the kids could sit behind it and it would look like they were driving her car. The kids could have their picture taken in 'Barbie's car.'
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Don't do everything barbie, because that can get expensive. Go to your local party store or paper party store and get plain pink and purple streamers, balloons, and other decorations. Getting the plain color will save on a lot of money. Then get the barbie plates and napkins, maybe a couple barbie posters for the wall. Which you might even be able to find at walmart and use in her room later. The less actual barbie brand decorations etc that you use, the biggest savings you'll have.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 AM on May. 7, 2010

• PINK PINK PINK!! on the invites tell all the girls to bring their barbies! if you have dress up clothes, bring them out, or you could prob make some cute costumes http://www.squidoo.com/barbie-crafts

http://www.afunk.com/barbie/index.html 

http://paperdollsandtoys.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/modern-barbie/

have fun! happy birthday to your little girl!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• with the cake u could us a bunt cake mold and after takeing the mold off put barbie in the center hole so that the cake it self is like her skirt then frost with white frosting that u tint pink with food coloring. dont forget to cover her boobies with either a top from ur daughters barbie clothes or frosting. tada its a barbie cake. for things to do tweenntwinmom had good ideas. u could also do a makeover themed party with the girls using nail polish its kinda like barbie makeover. good luck
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 2:33 PM on May. 7, 2010