Need ideas for meals that freeze well

I work late and most days don't feel like cooking when I get home. Anyone know any meals that will freeze well. I already have tacos, grilled chicken, meatloaf, and sloppy joes. Any other ideas?

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 11:11 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• lasagna!!! I LOVE reheated lasagna
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:12 AM on May. 7, 2010

• spagetti and lasagna!! yummm
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• How do you freeze lasagna and spaghetti? Don't the noodles usually get dry?
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:14 AM on May. 7, 2010

• What??? No...?? You just make up the lasagna or spaghetti to the point of right before you'd put it in the oven, but instead stick it in your freezer...when you are ready to eat, you just stick it in the oven!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:16 AM on May. 7, 2010

• when i make lasagna i make several smaller pans at one time. You can go to a consignment shop or garage sale and buy several square pans. I then wrap them in saran wrap, then in foil. I pull off saran wrap before baking. i have even made lasagna for 2 in several bread loaf pans. If you put them in pans they stack well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:17 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I like to make spaghetti and meatballs and freeze just the sauce. Then all you have to do is cook noodles for the next time. My mom's Captain's Soup freezes well. If you want the recipe, PM me. It's a ground meat and veggie soup with a tomato soup base. Broccoli and cheese soup. Chili. I have a lot of soup recipes that freeze well. You can also do chicken, taco meat, shredded barbeque beef, pork chops, shredded pork loin...

I do a lot of freezing :-D
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 11:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I also wanted to tell you that I put everything in gallon size Ziploc bags. I put enough servings in for each person and then eal the bag. Lay flat and smooth it out as best you can for freezing. Then you can stack them or stand them up to make more room in your freezer.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 11:21 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i just had to do a bunch of freezer stuff since i had surgery yesterday. i did spaghetti sauce, shredded chicken with taco seasoning, beef taco meat, hamburger patties, meatballs for meatball subs (you can heat that in a crock pot)....i wanna say there was something else but can't think of it off the top of my head
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 1:36 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Meatballs, barbecue, chili, lasagne, most soups and stews freeze pretty well.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:47 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Tater tot casserole, shepharde pie, tuna casserole
    I LOVE CASSEROLES :)
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:21 PM on May. 7, 2010