Is it unhealthy for a toddler to eat an egg every day?

My toddler has a scrambled egg nearly every day. Sometimes he will eat a bit of oatmeal or pancake but he never finishes it. I always give him 1/4 cup fruit and 1/4 cup yogurt at breakfast as well. Is this unhealthy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like a great breakfast! Eggs are very good for brain development.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 11:13 AM on May. 7, 2010

• i think it is fine
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:14 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Sounds like a very healthy meal. Eggs are loaded with protein and very good for him. To bad my son is allergic to them.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:15 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My doc said to feed my DD iron fortified cereal for breakfast. She gets eggs on occasion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Eggs are great! Lots of protein. I wouldn't worry about the oatmeal or pancake since he doesn't seem to like it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:20 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think it is fine. The only recommendation that I would make is use eggs free of hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals.

My two younger kids eat an egg everyday too. They love them and would eat way more if it was allowed. I just hate the thought of them getting all the other yucky stuff that comes with the cheaper eggs. We pay $3 for a dozen of eggs, but they are cage free, vegetarian fed, and without the hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 11:33 AM on May. 7, 2010

• No problem. It can be hard to get toddlers to eat protein foods, so if eggs are what he will eat, give him eggs.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:42 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Eggs are very healthy for kids. It's once we get older and things like cholesterol become an issue that we have to start watching our intake. But trust me, eggs are much better than 90% of the "breakfast" stuff they put out there for kids... If you want to switch it up a bit, try some healthy cerials or oatmeal... My kids LOVE oatmeal with fruit...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Not only is it fine, it is really GOOD!!!! You are doing well, mama. Avoid pre-packaged foods and don't be afraid of real food and you and your child will be very healthy!
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 18 months old and ever since she started eating foods (normal foods not baby foods) she has had her egg for breakfast!! she loves them! so i dont see anything wrong with eggs every day
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 3:23 PM on May. 7, 2010