At what age would a hula hoop be fun?

In another question I saw hula hoops recommended for a 5 year olds birthday party, and I was just wondering at what age would they first be fun. Would a 3 year old enjoy a hula hoop, or is that too young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• hahaha my daughter has had one since she was about 3...she just turned 6 last week..and she still cant do it..lol, but she has fun trying!! well, she can do it a lil bit, but not much..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:14 PM on May. 7, 2010

• A hula hoop can be fun at any age. Although he can't work it properly, my 3 yr old gets creative with his. My 6yr old loves to try and hula with it.
    PandTsmomjuly

Answer by PandTsmomjuly at 11:49 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I need to buy my 5 yr old one. She loves them! I think 4 my daughter at 3 did not know how to do one though...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My son was 3 when we first got one and he just figured out how to do it around his neck. My daughter has been able to do it since she was 5. She is really good at it now and she is almost 7.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I think 3 is a little young. My 6 year old daughter LOVES hers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:06 PM on May. 7, 2010

• If you look, you can usually find hula hoops in smaller sizes - perfect for the 3-4 yr old size.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• my dd is 8 and loves hers. She wouldnt be able to do it at 3 but they are always fun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on May. 7, 2010