tubes tied/vasectomy

So if either of you are fixed who got it done and why?

my SO finally went to get the vasectomy. After 3 kids we were done and I felt its his turn I had 3 kids. So he reluctantly agreed and finally did it:) I am amazed though how many men refuse.

My reason for him doing is because I had 3 kids and its simplier procedure. altho now they do have an out patient one for women.Not sure much about that though!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband will get the big V done. It isn't done yet but we already decided it will be him.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:52 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I got my tubes tied a few months ago. Really not much of a big deal. I was home an hour after I got out of surgery. My mom had a miscarriage after me, dad had a vasectomy and it obvioiusly didn't work so I don't trust it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:57 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I had my tubes tied after my second child was born because she was a c-section. Had she been vaginal it would have been DH getting snipped. This decision was made before I got PG with the second. It made since for me to be the one to get tied if I was already open. It made more sonce for him to get sniped if it was vaginal because it is less invasive and I have a very physical job.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:10 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I plan to get my tubes tied because if he ever trades me in for a younger model I want to be able to hope he has to change diapers again!
    Anonymous

• I had a tubal after my third. I had a c-section and had it done right there. I would have had my husband do it, but I wanted a c-section anyway so it just worked out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on May. 7, 2010

• i got a tubal when my daughter was born csection. i miscarried in between my kids and i didnt want to do that again. hubby wanted to get snipped but i told him if something happenes to me then i want him to be able to met someone esle and have kids. however he still wants to be snipped
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:35 PM on May. 7, 2010

• It's hormonally harder on a woman that it is on a man.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:35 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I had a tubal after my last child was born 2 yrs ago. I was having a c/section so we figured it was easier since I was open and ready to go then having my husband go in for a V.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:15 PM on May. 7, 2010

• DH will most likely have the V.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:49 PM on May. 7, 2010

• ha ha so far most you women had your tubes tied! My hubby got snipped far less invasive than tubes tied but just proves the point of the post! Most women that get tunes tied its because their hubby will not do the deed! Altho if you have a csection that makes sense to have it done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 8, 2010