Another poop question

My DD is 6 months old and BF only. No solids at all. She was sick earlier this week and now her poops are a thick yellow paste and mucous combination. The color is normal for a BF baby but the consistency isn't.

Should I freak out and take her back to the doc?

PandTsmomjuly

Asked by PandTsmomjuly at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, it's likely the just her body passing the rest of the viral material.

If you take her to the Dr's office now, with an already compromised immune system (which is underdeveloped any way, because of her age) you'll just pick something else up. As long as she seems fine otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep her good and clean! I used Olive Oil as rash ointment when they were little- it's an antimicrobial, which will retard the growth of yeast (thrush). Good stuff.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:39 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't freak over it. Call them if you are really worried, but I wouldn't be too concerned since you know that she is just getting over an illness.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:58 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't take her. It will probably be fine in a few days. Watch for diaper rash.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:04 PM on May. 7, 2010

• Yeah, as the others have said, it is normal after just getting over an illness. My daughter has had so many different, crazy poos it would blow your mind! Just about anything goes with poo as long as you are not seeing hard, dry pellets or blood. Those are the ones that signal trouble.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 1:56 PM on May. 7, 2010