Part: Is the school liable for home school if your child was bullied?

My daughter's peds, said she can not return for the rest of the year, and we are moving July 1st.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES IT IS POSSIBLE WITH A DOCTORS NOTE.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't think so, no. At least not without a sizable lawsuit.
    Anonymous

• NO. Even WITH a lawsuit, they are only liable to provide for your child while they are enrolled in the school.

I'm sorry your child was bullied, but there are other, BETTER ways to deal with it than simply pulling her out, and teaching her that she should run from her problems. We were ALL bullied to some degree as kids- I was no exception, and I WAS homeschooled. I was bullied to no end BECAUSE I was homeschooled... If you think that is going to end the problem, you're wrong.
    The only way to end the problem is to teach the child to stand up on their own, and DEAL with it. Like they are going to have to do for the rest of their life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2010

• I have been dealing with it for 2 years and nothing has been done finally they beat her up and she went to the hospital.... So, and being called racial slurs, she started acting out, it was like a rollar coaster ride.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry your child was bullied, but there are other, BETTER ways to deal with it than simply pulling her out, and teaching her that she should run from her problems.

also, we are moving, I have the lease, so there is sooo much to the story I am not going to give details right now. I just asked are they liable if not then owell.

I have more then one kid and if there is one thing I do teach. Is not to run from their problems, my area is getting bad I am getting out for more then one reason.
    Anonymous